PDA

View Full Version : Satisfactory

monicandave
22-05-2012, 08:39 PM
I had my first inspection today and was told I got satisfactory with a good for working with parents. I am really disappointed though. I was hoping for a good. She had nothing bad to say about anything. She said she could see I was disappointed and that she was writing good things in the report. She said that the info in the report meant more to parents than the overall grade. I told one of my parents my result when she picked up her little one this afternoon. She was shocked, but said that it didn't matter to her one bit. The insopector said that the benchmark for first time inspections was satisfactory so she hinted that regardless of my setting, I would always have only gotten satisfactory.

I know that I will probably feel better in a day or two but just right now if I think about it too much, I feel like crying.:(

VeggieSausage
22-05-2012, 08:47 PM
:group hug: don't be upset. You got a good for working with parents and have your first inspection over with, if you don't agree with any of the inspectors comments then challenge them :)

butterfly
22-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Oh dear. Try not to be too disappointed. It's good that your parents are behind you. I know several inspectors who go into first inspections knowing they will only give a satisfactory.

Hopefully your report will say some lovely things :)

sarah707
22-05-2012, 08:50 PM
It does say in the inspector's guidance that it is unusual to give more than satisfactory for 1st inspections because they have not embedded practice yet... I know some inspectors who haven't read that paragraph though :(

Please be proud of yourself! You did it! :clapping:

Hugs xx

miffy
22-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Wait until you get your report and see how it reads, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Satisfactory means you are doing everything that is expected of you, it's just not a very thrilling word :rolleyes:

Hugs

Miffy xx