PDA

View Full Version : CYPOP 5 help?!

Dani Girl90
22-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Hey guys!

Quick question- i hope ive put this in the right place.

I am currently amending my coursework for the compulsory unit (cypop 5) and i have feedback that im a little stuck on.

First task is task 3 confidentiality and data protection. I need to add in another situation where it is ok to disclose info. Ive talked about when you suspect the child is in danger and if they need medical treatment. What have i missed??

Please help.

Thanks in advance

bezi123
22-05-2012, 07:18 PM
My answer to this part of the task was:

There are two occasions when you may breach confidentiality as a childminder, one of which is if the parent has given you written consent to share information about the child with a certain person such as a doctor, dentist, speech therapist, if the childminder was taking the child to an appointment with one of these people then they can give the information they need to know about that child, but must not discuss other information which is not necessary for them to know. Another instance in which it is ok to breach confidentiality is if you are concerned about the child’s welfare, for example you had concerns the child was being abused, in this instance it would be necessary for the child’s own protection to notify the correct authorities such as social services.

HTH x

sarah707
22-05-2012, 08:04 PM
If you were in a group situation and the child was about to be given food such as cheese by another childminder and he was allergic you would have to say something to protect the child.

Hth :D

Dani Girl90
23-05-2012, 07:14 AM
Thanks you this has helped a lot!

I will be posting a couple more queries up, just want to get this finished now!