PDA

View Full Version : Dressing up clothes

Ebs71
04-06-2008, 09:19 PM
can anyone tell me i can get some cheap please?

Ive tried ebay, but couldnt find anything at all!!

Thanks xx

FizzysFriends
04-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Do you have a Home Bargins near you? They are great for cheap dressing up clothes although its hit and miss what they have in but if you can keep popping in they have most things.

breezy
04-06-2008, 09:21 PM
got alot of mine from e bay, keep trying it changes from week to week :)

bluestar
04-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Some of the supermarkets do reasonably priced ones especially in the sale.
Dressing up doesnt have to be bought - some of my childrens favourite things are my old cast offs especially hats :)

Ebs71
04-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Do you have a Home Bargins near you? They are great for cheap dressing up clothes although its hit and miss what they have in but if you can keep popping in they have most things.

WE have a Home Bargins, so i will have a nose next time i go up the town.

Supermarkets are a good idea too

Thanks for your suggestions xx

sarah707
04-06-2008, 09:34 PM
I got some lovely things in Manchester recently - we browsed the Indian and Chinese shops :D

Pipsqueak
04-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Check round all the charity stores - you can get lots of feathery, hats, jewlery, bags, bow ties etc & dressy up things and the imagination can be used.

Keep a check on Woolies for there sales, Asda and Matalan have some good bits in (but I still refuse to pay mega-prices)

Check on Freecycle too and your local free papers (or put wanted pix up). Get together with other minders and see if anyone want to lend/rotate.

Twinkles
04-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Ok so I think everyone knows what my answer will be.........JUMBLE SALES !!
I get loads of stuff from jumble sales. A few months ago I got 7 Disney dressing up outfits for 20p each ! Not to mention hats and handbags etc.

tulip0803
04-06-2008, 10:22 PM
I got some proper Indian clothes from ebay for 99p by looking up salwaar kameez and shalwaar kameez. Charity shops sometimes have Dressing up clothes in.

I always look in sales Woolies are good cos they often do buy 2 get one free on sale stuff. I like asda too and M&S quite often drop the prices dramatically in the sales.:) .

But children also love dressing up in ordinary old grown-up clothes and shoes particularly with bags :) so any clothes are good they don't have to be expensive:)

angeldelight
05-06-2008, 06:51 AM
I got some new outfits - police etc from a car boot on Sunday - still in wrapper and they have woolies tags on them

Bargain

You need to have a look around its surprising what you can find cheap

Dont forget in the meantime that kids love playing with old bags - scarves - hats - purses
Get your parents to donate some the kids love them

Angel xx

sarah32
05-06-2008, 07:07 AM
I got most of mine from the charity shops and car boots. Mine love scarfs and hats. Cheap and cheerful.:)

katickles
05-06-2008, 07:12 AM
Keep trying ebay - i've had some great ones from there, Indian costumes etc.

Also i know Asda's have them in at the mo, we were looking just this week

:)

ajs
05-06-2008, 08:21 AM
i asked one of my dads to bring me back some clothes from india when went a few months ago.
he bought some beautiful clothes both boys and girls and wouldn't take any money either
my kind of parent :clapping: :clapping:

miffy
06-06-2008, 09:15 PM
I just scour the sales, charity shops and jumble sales - great fun and you never know what you might find

miffy xx

samd35
15-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Hi,

I got 20 outfits from a car boot sale last week for £10, a bargain. I have also got a few outfits from charity shops. Just pop in the charity shops when you are passing you never know what you will find.

Sam x

crazybones
15-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Hubby just found another box of my dads stuff that wasnt sorted after he died and I have just added to my dressing up box a walking stick (hubby cut it down to child size) and 2 old pairs of glasses. We did find an old hearing aid but i didnt think that was very hygienic :laughing:

Pudding Girl
15-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Woolies have budget brand range of things like wellies, baseball caps, sunglasses all very cheap.

Instore/£stretcher have sarongs for £1.99 which you can use in millions of ways.

I raided my handbag wardrobe ( yes you read that right!:blush: ) which has been the best and most used stuff. Oh and cloth shopping bags ( with empty food cartons)

Raided hubbies footie scarves lol! and old gloves. Going to ask if the in laws have any "old person" stuff.

I'm always in the charity shops and picked up a shalwaar kameez for 99p, and some party dresses.

I am really low on boys stuff though, gave in and bought a builder outfit from woolies. I might raid hubbies wardrobe for old workshirts and ties ( or are ties a bad idea??) and I want to get some clip on earrings too.