PDA

View Full Version : Prereg on Wednesday, few questions

cigaro
04-06-2008, 09:19 PM
:)
1. I have a seperate patio area in my garden with kids toys, eperated from the rest of the garden by a fence and padlocked gate, the other bit of garden has a pond in will htis be a problem? Will they say that the child could climb over the fence, or will me just explaining that I will supervise at all times be enough?

2. Cables behind tv cabinet, Its a corner cabinet do i need a cable tidy for them?

3. I am only going to look after a small baby, so do I need loads of stuff for 5 year olds? (I have a 2yr8mo and a 1yr old too so I have plenty of equipment for those ages)

4. I have a gas fire in the living room which i have never used but it does work so I guess I need a fireguard right? Where could I finds a really cheap one?

5. Any tips? I know this is only the prereg but Im quite nervous !

Thankyou all for reading this:)

sarah707
04-06-2008, 09:37 PM
:)
1. I have a seperate patio area in my garden with kids toys, eperated from the rest of the garden by a fence and padlocked gate, the other bit of garden has a pond in will htis be a problem? Will they say that the child could climb over the fence, or will me just explaining that I will supervise at all times be enough?

Ofsted do not like ponds! Cover it up, high fence it off, direct supervision is not enough :eek:

2. Cables behind tv cabinet, Its a corner cabinet do i need a cable tidy for them?

Should be fine if they are tucked behind and can't be seen / got at

3. I am only going to look after a small baby, so do I need loads of stuff for 5 year olds? (I have a 2yr8mo and a 1yr old too so I have plenty of equipment for those ages)

Write a 'wish list' of things you will get for older children if you take them on

4. I have a gas fire in the living room which i have never used but it does work so I guess I need a fireguard right? Where could I finds a really cheap one?

No idea - have you tried freecycle?

5. Any tips? I know this is only the prereg but Im quite nervous !

Thankyou all for reading this:)

Pre-reg is about asking questions and finding out information.

Don't be nervous - it's not a test! You'll be fine :D

FizzysFriends
04-06-2008, 09:54 PM
I am I right in presuming that if things aren't to ofsteds liking in the pre-reg then they give you a chance to correct it and not just say no thanks?