PDA

View Full Version : Sharing with other settings?

louise
04-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Hi, I have just had my first EYFS obs and planning trainining. The bit about having to share with other settings came up. We were told its up to you and the setting what to do as there is no set guideline on what to do.

How does everyone else plan to do this? I'm lucky as both mindees will go to the same preschool. What extent do we have to share?

Thanks lou

Oh i was told to do a sharing policy so that it covers the confidentiality bit. So another to do

sarah707
04-06-2008, 08:35 PM
A sharing policy!?

That's a bit of a strange one, I've never heard of that before from any training...

I plan to keep asking other settings what children are doing, hitting a brick wall, ask the child what s/he has done and complement the activities as much as possible :D

louise
04-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Ok thanks for that Sarah, I think i worded it wrong it was a sharing information policy. Some mindees said about the condfidentiality of discussing the child. A few childminders already have one in my area. I just wondered if we needed written notes from them or like you say just jote down what we have been told. I'll talk to preschool in the morning and see what they were thinking about as they also need to ask me.

wendywu
04-06-2008, 11:10 PM
A sharing policy:idea: I dont mind sharing my ironing, or house work or Husband:laughing:

polobear1970
05-06-2008, 05:17 AM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Did you have any takers Wendywu

A sharing policy:idea: I dont mind sharing my ironing, or house work or Husband:laughing:

Cammie Doodle
05-06-2008, 01:36 PM
A sharing Policy :eek: not another one.
Carolyn and I are really lucky our village Nursery are willing to work with us on exchanging ideas planning etc, we use the same Theme/ Topic as them, but do activities age appropriate to the children in our care . We have become friendly with the Nursery supervisor (who works very closely with Reception Teacher ) she said by us working together will help her to prove she too is working with other agencies ,as we have Mindees who attend Nursery sessions there. Bless her she has given us loads of resources. But she did not know about Sparklebox :panic: :panic:

nell57
05-06-2008, 01:52 PM
I've approached both the pre school and the local school with the nursery this morning, and have had positive response from both, they said to make a time we can all meet up. The head of the school has actually called and left a phone message as I was not in. I'm well shocked, but then again we've not actually met up with them yet:rolleyes:

Helen

ajs
05-06-2008, 02:02 PM
my mindees school refused to share with me a few years ago when i approached them about a child i minded and trying to build up a picture of the needs the child had
i will be interested to see if they'll share once eyfs is in

louise
05-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Well i spoke to preschool today. I did confusses them though as i didn't say it was for two mindees who are to start in Jan not my son who's there at mo. They don't know yet and will let me know.

berkschick
05-06-2008, 07:24 PM
I have a LO who is 2. She is 2 days with me and 2 days in a private nursery.

That could be interesting!

Pipsqueak
05-06-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm not sharing, its mine, I saw it first, I touched it first, Its mine. I don't like sharing!!! (all said in my best imitation of a 3 year old with a petulant look on my face!)

Its going to be fun with my possible new starter. Mum seems reluctant (or appears to be) to tell me who the other childminder is who cares for her son!!! Oh joy. And as for nursery - they are still happily ignoring my existence! lol

jo f
05-06-2008, 09:45 PM
I know its not quite the same but I take my mindees to our local childminding drop in centre twice a week. We take turns to do the planning a month at a time and all get a copy. Could this go towards it?:rolleyes:

mrsb
06-06-2008, 07:29 PM
I am really really lucky as I also work at the pre school my minded children go to so I know exactly what they have done and what they will be doing:laughing:

I asked my boss about it though as there are other minders who pick up form there, she said none of them have said anything to her about it but she herself was aware of it, she reckons she'll get an influx of eager minders asking about the childs days in september......

buildingblocks
13-06-2008, 09:06 AM
A sharing policy!? That's a bit of a strange one, I've never heard of that before from any training... :D

I am trying to devise something along those lines along with a permission slip saying the parent agrees for me to share info with other settings as stated in the EYFS. I presume Louise is talking about something along those lines I may just add somethig in to my confidentiality policy

buildingblocks
13-06-2008, 09:10 AM
I've approached both the pre school and the local school with the nursery this morning, and have had positive response from both, they said to make a time we can all meet up. The head of the school has actually called and left a phone message as I was not in. I'm well shocked, but then again we've not actually met up with them yet:rolleyes:

Helen

Wait until they decide when they consider convenient time to meet up with you. Be interesting to see if they are willing to meet up at 6pm when you finish work

sorry I am in cynical mode today

buildingblocks
13-06-2008, 09:11 AM
my mindees school refused to share with me a few years ago when i approached them about a child i minded and trying to build up a picture of the needs the child had
i will be interested to see if they'll share once eyfs is in

Same here the preschool I drop to wouldn't do this for a child I cared for wonder how it will work now