PDA

View Full Version : First inspection on Tuesday

monicandave
20-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Ofsted is coming at 1 on Tuesday. I was told that they don't usually give the exact day or time, but she was because I don't have any full-time children and the ones I have come and go at different times. So at least I know when.

The panic is starting to kick in now. I haven't completed my SEF yet. I've started it but haven't finished it. Do I plow ahead with it and fill in sections properly which may mean I have blank sections or do I try to get something rough in all areas?

Or do I leave it as it is and focus on improving my learning journals and organizing my resources and mowing the lawn? I don't know what's best to do anymore.:eek::eek:

mrs_scottydog
20-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Good luck for Tuesday. Hopefully someone will be along soon to help with the questions in your post. Hx

LittleLadybirds
20-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Hiya,
I didn't complete my SEF fully. Some areas were done and some were completely blank, and others had a few bullet points I had thought of.

I would make sure your kids files, planning, policies,risk assessments are all completely up to date, and anything else you do to evaluate (other than the SEF) Sort your files into an order, so Mrs O can find everything easily and you are not constantly having to get things for her.

Be prepared for questions on safeguarding - think Ofsted are quite hot on this at the moment.

Make sure on the day, you are having something easy for lunch that you can prepare in advance, so you don't have to keep going into the kitchen to check on. and have your activity fully ready too - then you will know that you can pay all of your attention on the kids.

Good luck and try and be yourself! Xxx