PDA

View Full Version : Washing lines

Mrs M
04-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Hello,
I have a bit of a dilemma. I usually have a twirly washing line in the dog pound but it recently broke. I would like to have a line in the children's area now (one of those that attaches to the wall and retracts when you're not using it). Is this a hazard for children? Is this something Ofsted would pull me up on? Just wanted some opinions please.
Thanks.

crazybones
04-06-2008, 07:02 PM
I have one the same and just make sure it is too high for them to reach. Nothing was mentioned at my inspection about it.

kellsbells
04-06-2008, 07:04 PM
I don't think it's a problem as long as you put on your risk assessment that you make sure you put it down when the children are playing out.

My fence was badly broken (so kids could get into next doors garden!) and I had a upraised water tunnel in my garden, I just put it on my risk assessment and I passed ok, I think as long as your aware of potential dangers and put it on your risk assessment with an action plan, I think they just want to know you know what your doing.

Kellsbells

foxy lady
04-06-2008, 07:04 PM
i have one of those. not mentioned at my inspection

sarah707
04-06-2008, 07:10 PM
There was a big thing a while ago about washing lines in gardens... nothing much has been said since.

I think it's the bugbear of individual inspectors rather than a national thing.

Like everyone says, risk assess! :D