PDA

View Full Version : Updated e-books for EYFS 2012

sarah707
18-05-2012, 07:06 AM
I have been busy updating all my e-books, mini e-books and illustrated e-books for the revised EYFS :clapping:

They are nearly ready to be sent out... I am just finishing a few little bits and bobs.

I want to offer my wonderful customers who have already bought e-books from me a free update - with a small postage charge if they need to be sent on CD - to say thank you for your custom and support over the last few years.

The problem I have is when to release them ...

If I release them too early and people start using them they will get into trouble if they have an inspection between now and September...

If I release them too late you won't have time to put the new requirements into place before September...

So... having bent Pauline's ear on the subject... she says I should let you guys decide! :idea:

When do you think I should start sending them out? :D

christine e
18-05-2012, 07:09 AM
If they are ready then I would say now so we have chance to be reading and digesting before September

Look forward to receiving whatever the decision

Cx

PS Well done!

Tink
18-05-2012, 07:14 AM
I personally would like to have them sooner rather than later, that way I can get my head around your wonderful work and make sure I have things in place and ready for the change over in September.

Again really appreciate the time and effort you have put into your ebooks and am grateful and honoured to know you as you are the knowledge Queen xxx

nell57
18-05-2012, 07:16 AM
Hi Sarah, I would appreciate it if it was sent now. It takes longer for things to sink in with me :blush:

Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

miffy
18-05-2012, 07:18 AM
I would say leave it to the individual - announce that they are ready and leave it to members to contact you and ask for the update.

Well done though, it must have been a mammoth task updating everything.

Miffy xx

Bridey
18-05-2012, 07:21 AM
I would send them sooner rather than later so everyone can prepare.

Its everyone's own responsibility how they run their business and if they are daft enough to start the new EYFS too early then that is up to them if they get into trouble.

Thank you Sarah :)

rickysmiths
18-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Sarah we have been advised by our Early years that if we take any children on from July we should do their records according to the new framework because it is silly to do the old one for a month or so. Though the current children would not be swapped until September we will need to be able to prepare in advance for the changes.

So for me the sooner the better :thumbsup:

littletreasures
18-05-2012, 07:47 AM
I would like them soon, so I have a chance to read them properly before implementing them x

lozzy23
18-05-2012, 08:12 AM
Hi Sarah

Definitely sooner rather than later. Need time to digest the information and get all the new paperwork ready and your e-books certainly help me to cut through the jargon!:clapping:

Thank you, thank you, thank you:thumbsup:

desiderata
18-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Sarah you are wonderful xx I don't know how you get your head round these things and then have the time to do all this. I would like them sooner rather than later cos obviously I have other things to get my head round too. Will have to have a check if I can to see which ones I got. xx Again many thanks for all your hard work xx

Rubybubbles
18-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Sarah we have been advised by our Early years that if we take any children on from July we should do their records according to the new framework because it is silly to do the old one for a month or so. Though the current children would not be swapped until September we will need to be able to prepare in advance for the changes.

Agree with this after a long chat with new NCMA local;)

So the sooner the better xx

flowerpots
18-05-2012, 09:05 AM
I agree with everyone else, the sooner the better. thank you sarah. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

RainbowMum
18-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Now Please :thumbsup:

green puppy
18-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Agree with everyone, sooner the better! Thanks for taking the time to update everything, you are a star!:clapping:

jumping j
18-05-2012, 03:42 PM

I was told this earlier this week too, even said that as I had a new one starting now it might be worth considering just using the new EYFS for her, she only comes 1 day a week and I'm not due an inspection for at least 3 years

Sooner the better for me too please ;)

catlyn
18-05-2012, 06:47 PM
sooner the better for me too please x x and thanks for all the hard work x x

sandy64
18-05-2012, 06:50 PM
i would say sooner the better i hope you realise just how fantastic you are and how much we apreciate your help and hard work:)

zippy
18-05-2012, 07:42 PM
I'd prefer them sooner rather than later please, maybe you could just put a warning on email not to implement yet, if people choose to ignore that warning then they have no-one to blame but themselves. x

toddlersup
18-05-2012, 07:43 PM
I think the sooner the better so the information can be read and digested, allowing time to make any necessary changes in readiness for September. Xx

curlywurly
18-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Me to, the sooner the better.

Thanks Sarah
X

Cammie Doodle
18-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Now Sarah :thumbsup::thumbsup: so I can digest at my leisure :D

mayberry
19-05-2012, 03:28 AM
I agree sooner the bettter, Please Sarah

Dawn xxx

dlissaman
19-05-2012, 06:19 AM
Hi, I am accredited and drawing funding. Following a meeting with my teaching advisor this week she said I should be using the current and the new system on my recorded obs. So I say now and thank you

onceinabluemoon
19-05-2012, 07:30 AM
I would prefer earlier rather than later too. Happy to pay postage for the CD too :) Thanks Sarah

Toothfairy
19-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Sooner rather than later for me please. :thumbsup:

missymood
19-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Sooner rather than later please x

Daisy1956
19-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Sarah, you are fantastic, don't know how you find the time. i agree with everyone else sooner rather than later.:)

Eddisonsmum
20-05-2012, 02:46 PM
I would like them asap too please. more chance to get my head round it x

Helcatt
20-05-2012, 05:44 PM
I would prefer them sooner rather than later as well. It takes me a while to find the time to go through and takes a while for things to sink in to my little brain

Have you made changes to the SEF one? I am going to be starting on that very soon........

HX

Playmate
20-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Agree with everyone else, sooner rather than later to allow for digestion :D

sarah707
20-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Thank you to all of you for your lovely messages... I will start sending out details of how updates can be accessed during the week.

I think it's going to be a lot of work for me so please bear with me. :D

sarah707
20-05-2012, 05:56 PM
I would prefer them sooner rather than later as well. It takes me a while to find the time to go through and takes a while for things to sink in to my little brain

Have you made changes to the SEF one? I am going to be starting on that very soon........

HX

The SEF hasn't been updated yet... I am sure it will be soon though to reflect the changes to the EYFS :D

Helcatt
20-05-2012, 07:36 PM
The SEF hasn't been updated yet... I am sure it will be soon though to reflect the changes to the EYFS :D

Will there be a lot of changes? Do you think? It is not top of my priority list as I am updating LJs and need to review a load of Risk assessments too. AS well as finishing off the accounts that I keep "forgetting" about.

Should I wait before I make a start, is what I mean?

HX

Toothfairy
24-05-2012, 06:37 AM
Thanks for the updates Sarah, will have a good read over the weekend :thumbsup:

boxtree7
24-05-2012, 06:41 AM
I would forward information on receipt of payments. I am looking forward to my updates NOW WWWWWWWWWWW.
Thank you so much its a fantastic service you provide.
I would be still scratching my head.
Thank you
x:thumbsup:

sarah707
24-05-2012, 06:49 AM
Will there be a lot of changes? Do you think? It is not top of my priority list as I am updating LJs and need to review a load of Risk assessments too. AS well as finishing off the accounts that I keep "forgetting" about.

Should I wait before I make a start, is what I mean?

HX

Your SEF should be an ongoing journey of self reflection.

You should aim to put something in each of the answers and then come back to it regularly as you make changes and update your provision / ask parents for feedback / talk to the children etc...

It's not really meant to be a 'sit down and get it done' document :D

maple
26-05-2012, 10:17 PM
As everyone else says sooner the better Sarah.

miss mopple
27-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Definitely sooner rather than later :thumbsup:

Sarah you are truly an angel in disguise :D

sarah707
27-05-2012, 11:24 AM
I am sending out emails about how to update your illustrated e-books NOW!

Every customer who has bought an illustrated e-book from me about Learning Journeys should have received an email telling you how to get your free update.

If you have not...

- Your email address might have changed since your order

- Your email from me might have gone to your junk folder

Please let me know if you are an illustrated e-book customer and have not got your email and I will re-send.

Of course you might not want an updated version - fine not a problem - but please take a moment to let me know so I can cross you off my list.

Once I have sorted all the illustrated e-books I will organise mailshots offering updates to the other e-books and mini e-books.

Thank you for your patience guys! We (dd, ds, dp and I :laughing:) are getting there slowly :phew:

:D

miss mopple
27-05-2012, 09:23 PM
email received and payment sent :thumbsup:

Thanks lovely lady- you're a star :)

miss mopple
30-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Received today- thanks Sarah, now I know what I'll be doing on my week off next week :laughing:

onceinabluemoon
30-05-2012, 12:44 PM
receives today thanks sarah, haven't had time to look at it yet but will check it out later. xx