PDA

View Full Version : Last nights DIY SOS

Toothfairy
17-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Did anyone watch it last night.
It was about a family who were coping with the fact that the Dad had MND and only had a few months left to live.
The team almost rebuilt their home so that he could reach all floors by lift and move from room to room in his wheelchair.

Such a lovely family and the Dad was so brave. I don't know how I would cope knowing I only had a few months to live and would be leaving the ones I loved behind.

I spent the whole programme in floods of tears, so emotional. :(

Tink
17-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Yes, I watched it, very emotional, and the only DIY SOS where I have felt the family really needed and deserved their help.

I had tears in my eyes for the whole hour and a lump in my throat.

It really makes you appreciate life doesn't it?

loopyloopy
17-05-2012, 07:44 AM
I was going to post about this. I'm not a person that shows emotion as in I hardly ever cry (apart from when dh hit me in the face playfully with a pillow yesterday and it really hurt) but thats a different story :laughing:

Last nights episode had me in tears. It just made us think that our problems be it few are nothing in comparison to others. I know you can't live your life on the value of others but we made a vow to each other to made every day worthwhile and especially for our kids.

I take my hat off to him and his family for being so positive and he is truly a lovely man. Not sure I could be so strong

sue m
17-05-2012, 09:28 AM
I recorded it, not sure I'll be able to watch it though.

My niece and her husband own Wolden's Garden Centre who I believe helped in some way. The DIY SOS team do some fantastic things.

EmmaReed84
17-05-2012, 09:37 AM
I love watching DIY SOS Big Build, they always make me so tearful. As much as I feel for the families I have to say I feel an immense sense of admiration for the local trades people who give their time and resources freely to help. That is what community is!

loocyloo
17-05-2012, 09:45 AM
i cried my eyes out. what a lovely family.

i don't usually watch DIYSOS as i usually get irritated rather than sad, but although i didn't intend to watch, i couldn't walk away. it seemed like the whole team were really affected as well.

butterfly
17-05-2012, 09:53 AM
That family were so amazing! How can they possibly be so cheerful when they know what's happening? I felt so much admiration for them! Really makes me appreciate what I've got - I shouldn't moan about my dh or kids as one day I might not have them!

cara1235
17-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Yes!!
Me and OH were in tears!! Such a deserving family and his way with words was just amazing

~Chelle~
17-05-2012, 10:13 AM
I watched it and was blubbing most of the way through :blush:

Billy was in tears after being in the house for 5 minutes bless him. x

Toothfairy
17-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Right at the end, when the Dad came out to say thank you and said `you've not just built me a house, you have built me a life support machine'. That was it for me, i was sobbing my heart out.
A truly amazing man, bless his heart.

mindingmummy
17-05-2012, 11:00 AM
I listened to it.....i cant honestly say I watched it as I couldnt see the TV for all the tears in my eyes!!

LOOPYLISA
17-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Yes i watched :thumbsup:

It was nice seeing a family that really deserved it x :thumbsup: