PDA

View Full Version : Holiday only contract

JumpingJacks
16-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Hi all

I have a mum coming to see me on Monday regarding a holiday only contract, she wants to sign contracts on the day providing she is happy with the setting and providing my new MM contracts have arrived as they are out of stock atm!

I've never seen these contracts before so unable to read through one until it gets here. However, I'm just wondering what others do with regards to the notice period of Holiday Only contracts? Can notice be given any time of the year or is it just during there contracted period/times etc IYSWIM

Without being able to see a contract (always used NCMA before) I'm not sure what MM recommend.

Also do you still charge your holiday only contracts for your holidays as you do permanent mindees?

I really need this work to make up for a part timer all year that is off to nursery so would like to know what I'm talking about when I speak to mum lol

Thanks in advance

Pipsqueak
17-05-2012, 11:02 AM
bumping for you x

samb
17-05-2012, 08:15 PM
I have a holiday only mindee. I use the MM forms and wrote across the times contracted for section that it was a "0" hour contracted and that I take bookings for each holiday period for the next holiday. So tht means at Easter I took bookings for June, at June I will take bookings for Summer etc. That way I am sort of having 6 weeks(ish) notice if they don't want to book for the next holiday and i am keeping on top of them all the time instead of them having 4 weeks etc. I always offer this parent the chance to book first before anyone else can have additonal hours. So far it has worked - I took him on this time last year.

As for my holidays - I don't charge for my holidays anyway. On the booking form I have blanked out days where I am closed or full. They then write in the day box (imagine like a box style calendar) the time they wish to book. I sign it and give them the original and keep a copy and keep them with the contracts. I told them when they visited that I take 4 weeks annual leave and they would all be in school holiday time - they were fine with this. It does mean I only have him 16 days a year though (8 weeks max 2 days a week).

JumpingJacks
02-06-2012, 07:35 PM
I have a holiday only mindee. I use the MM forms and wrote across the times contracted for section that it was a "0" hour contracted and that I take bookings for each holiday period for the next holiday. So tht means at Easter I took bookings for June, at June I will take bookings for Summer etc. That way I am sort of having 6 weeks(ish) notice if they don't want to book for the next holiday and i am keeping on top of them all the time instead of them having 4 weeks etc. I always offer this parent the chance to book first before anyone else can have additonal hours. So far it has worked - I took him on this time last year.

As for my holidays - I don't charge for my holidays anyway. On the booking form I have blanked out days where I am closed or full. They then write in the day box (imagine like a box style calendar) the time they wish to book. I sign it and give them the original and keep a copy and keep them with the contracts. I told them when they visited that I take 4 weeks annual leave and they would all be in school holiday time - they were fine with this. It does mean I only have him 16 days a year though (8 weeks max 2 days a week).

Thanks for your help :)