PDA

View Full Version : pro-rota fees

Ava's Nana
16-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Hi.
I wonder if any of you could please help me work this out...my brain is fried :laughing: I have a mum who wants to pay pro-rota, I'm fine with this but need some help working it all out.
here goes:
There are two children, i charge £5.00 per hour, per child, term time hours are 8am-9am and 3pm-6pm. school holidays are 8am-6pm. I don't charge for bank holidays, teacher training days are also 8am-6pm (don't know how many of these there are).
i would also like to know how i adjust fees if I'm sick/off or on holidays i.e if i go away for two weeks in either term time or school holidays how do i adjust that weeks payment? or if there a bank holiday in that week i.e June half term has two :eek:
mum pays weekly in arrears.

many many thanks in advance

mama2three
16-05-2012, 03:41 PM
ok so first work out a termtime weeks pay...£40 per day , £200 per week term time..if there are 39 term time weeks , total of £7800.

Next there are 13 weeks left. if you take 4 weeks holiday at no charge in school hols that leaves 9. I also take of an extra week to cover 5 bank holiday days ..the others usually fall within my holidays. so that leaves 8 weeks of holiday ..at 10 hours a day x £10..so £500 a week... £4000.

Her total annual bill is going to be £ 11800.
This works out at £ 983.33 per calendar month.

If you take a sick day just refund that one day , either £40 or £100 depending on when it is.

Bridey
16-05-2012, 05:23 PM
I do this for 8 families every year. I google the local school calender and print it out for each year and work my calculations from the beginning of Sept to the end of August. I calculate termtime work and then holiday work. I allow for 5 inset days (some parents use me, some don't) and account for all bank holidays. I would also take into account my holiday (just guess when you are most likely to make it).

I then add all the figures up and divide for the monthly/weekly pro rata rate.

THEN ... and this is the important bit ... I confirm this rate in a letter to the parent explaining it is an ESTIMATED figure and may be subject to change depending on holidays, days off and sickness.

Every week on my attendence record I record the ACTUAL charge for the hours worked each week. I separately keep a statement of all payments made. At the end of June I compare these, do a quick projection to the end of August and make an adjustment for July/August payments as there will always be an over/undercharge to account for.

I then do a fresh calculation for the next school year.

I know this sounds long winded but once you have counted up all the termtime days and holidays worked, it really doesn't take long. In September, when I start again, I intend to use Pete's (Pauline's friend) attendance/invoice spreadsheet to keep track of actual fees to compare against payments as it does all the calculations and adding up for me :thumbsup:

alwaysright
19-05-2012, 11:33 PM
phew!! think i'd just have to say pay me monthly :laughing::laughing:

Tealady
20-05-2012, 07:52 PM
I would also make sure you get some kind of deposit up front. That way if she terminates and you are down then you can recover these losses from your deposit.