PDA

View Full Version : Caring for the Environment Policy?

butterfly
16-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Does anyone have a policy which sets out what you try to do concerning the environment? I'm thinking about recycling, reducing the use of water, reusing resources, buying second-hand rather than new etc?

Mouse
16-05-2012, 01:25 PM
It's not something I've ever considered.

I always think policies are in place to help with the safe & efficient running of your business. I'd have thought a environment policy was more a personal choice than a requirement of your business.

butterfly
16-05-2012, 01:41 PM
It's not something I've ever considered.

I always think policies are in place to help with the safe & efficient running of your business. I'd have thought a environment policy was more a personal choice than a requirement of your business.

True. Maybe I could include it in my parent info book?

Mouse
16-05-2012, 01:53 PM
True. Maybe I could include it in my parent info book?

I think that would be a good idea. In my parents info I have a "My Ethos" page that says what my aims are. It is the sort of thing that could be added to that - you want to run your business with consideration for the environment, so will re-cycle, aim to reduce the use of water, consider good quality second-hand equipment etc. You could also say you support parents who use cloth nappies as part of this ethos.

butterfly
16-05-2012, 04:07 PM
I think that would be a good idea. In my parents info I have a "My Ethos" page that says what my aims are. It is the sort of thing that could be added to that - you want to run your business with consideration for the environment, so will re-cycle, aim to reduce the use of water, consider good quality second-hand equipment etc. You could also say you support parents who use cloth nappies as part of this ethos.

Yes I think that's what I'll do. Thanks guys!