PDA

View Full Version : Inspection Tomorrow - a few questions :)

LittleLadybirds
16-05-2012, 08:13 AM
Good morning all :)
I have my 1st inspection tomorrow and have got a few final questions I would like some opinions on please.

1-I have started my SEF but not finished it. Should I print it off, wasting paper! or is it ok to ask Mrs O to read it on the laptop?

2-My children's development files are pretty much up to date - they are waiting for April/May photos to go in with the observations I make, so do you think I will be marked down for them not actually being in the same format as the rest of the file yet as they are just printed off the computer at the moment?

3-Can the inspector change my registration to include the garden, as it is now almost ready to be used. I have before and progress photos to show the amount of work done. If I make a list of the couple of finishing off points and tell her I will be completing a full risk assessment, do you think that would be ok? Really don't want to have to apply for a variation and then have to wait for someone else to come out to check the garden!

4-How clean was your house for your inspection? I am worried about them being picky about dust etc... so am planning on a big cleaning day today!

Think that's all for now! Thanks in advance for your comments and advice. :)

rickysmiths
16-05-2012, 08:38 AM
I have my 1st inspection tomorrow and have got a few final questions I would like some opinions on please.

1-I have started my SEF but not finished it. Should I print it off, wasting paper! or is it ok to ask Mrs O to read it on the laptop?

Not sure because I choose not to do one. I'm sure someone who does will advise

2-My children's development files are pretty much up to date - they are waiting for April/May photos to go in with the observations I make, so do you think I will be marked down for them not actually being in the same format as the rest of the file yet as they are just printed off the computer at the moment?

I would try and do any April info.

3-Can the inspector change my registration to include the garden, as it is now almost ready to be used. I have before and progress photos to show the amount of work done. If I make a list of the couple of finishing off points and tell her I will be completing a full risk assessment, do you think that would be ok? Really don't want to have to apply for a variation and then have to wait for someone else to come out to check the garden!

I don't see why she can't look at all the info so all you have to do is notify them when it is complete.

4-How clean was your house for your inspection? I am worried about them being picky about dust etc... so am planning on a big cleaning day today!

My was as clean as it is for a normal working day, ok a bit cleaner but I don't think Mrs Ofsted will be running her finger across the top of all the doors and telling you off because there is some dust!

Good Luck. :thumbsup:

Heaven Scent
16-05-2012, 09:26 AM

I was asked to print mine off because I couldn't update it on line

That should be fine as they are working documents mine were missing chunks I'd shared with other settings, but had signatures to prove it and the recent ones weren't there

Yes they should be able to but may not want to

Well yes you need it clean but you cant stop dust falling they won't notice too much if there is a little bit of dust - grotty dirty kitchens, floors and toilets etc would be a problem though

I hope that helps and you seem pretty organised LOL!!

LittleLadybirds
16-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the replies.
Mrs O is def coming tomorrow as she rung about an hour ago!

She's happy to read my SEF on the laptop, so that's good. Think other than a few bits and bobs, I am almost sorted.

Fingers crossed!

Velleity
16-05-2012, 04:30 PM
I would print the SEF off as my Inspector asked if she could take it away with her to read later ... what I had done of it anyway. I didn't complete it but she said that was not a problem.

sandy64
16-05-2012, 04:59 PM
just wanted to say good luck for tommorrow:)

LittleLadybirds
18-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Hi all,
Thanks for the replies a few days ago. Had my inspection yesterday and it went well.

Am getting a good with some areas outstanding :) So very pleased in the end. :clapping:

Challenged the inspector about the fact that she would not give me outstanding overall as it was my first inspection (which she told me at the very beginning!) and she told me she was not allowed to - so I told her that was a myth and that there were people who had been given it - thanks to this forum! Didn't name it though in case anyone starts to worry. So she actually said that that was something that she would look into and check up on.

So pleased with the end result :) Good luck to those due their 1st inspection. Mine was actually less stressful than I imagined!

katickles
18-05-2012, 03:42 PM
well done ")

miffy
18-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Hi all,
Thanks for the replies a few days ago. Had my inspection yesterday and it went well.

Am getting a good with some areas outstanding :) So very pleased in the end. :clapping:

Challenged the inspector about the fact that she would not give me outstanding overall as it was my first inspection (which she told me at the very beginning!) and she told me she was not allowed to - so I told her that was a myth and that there were people who had been given it - thanks to this forum! Didn't name it though in case anyone starts to worry. So she actually said that that was something that she would look into and check up on.

So pleased with the end result :) Good luck to those due their 1st inspection. Mine was actually less stressful than I imagined!

Well done and I hope she checks and finds out she can give outstanding on a first inspection :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

BucksCM
18-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Well done!!:thumbsup::clapping:

cherry
18-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Well done :thumbsup:

guest3
18-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Very well done :thumbsup:

monicandave
20-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Hi all,

Well done you!! :clapping: :cheerleader:

I can only hope I manage half as well.

mrs_scottydog
20-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Well done! :clapping: Hx