PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork for school children

LittleVoice
15-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Just wondering if someone could help me.
I am currently working as a nanny looking after 2 children, 17 months and 10 years. What things do I need to be doing for the 10 year old? 1 week i am see the 10 yr olf for 30 mins before school and he 2nd week I'll see the 10 ye old for 4 afternoons, 3.30 - 5.00 pm so not a great deal of time.
Thank you in advance. :D

loocyloo
16-05-2012, 07:28 AM
as a nanny you don't NEED to be doing anything !!!! :D

before school i would just chat/ensure child is ready for school! - anything child wants to take in/homework/instruments etc. i used to have to do pack lunches when i arrived at work! and ensure children dressed/hair done etc! (parents usually dealt with breakfast :D)

afterschool just see if there are any activities the 10 yr old wants to do? do you need to give children tea?

my 10 yr old comes home and has a quick snack and currently rushes out to play with his friends if it is dry, if not, he plays with LOs or lounges around doing i don't know what! sometimes reading/listening to music/playing trumpet/making things with lego/playing on DS. i'm a very mean mummy and also make him do his spellings when he gets home from school! he usually does homework after tea, and reading at bedtime.

enjoy x

Bridey
16-05-2012, 07:32 AM
As a nanny you don't need to do EYFS for either of them - well done you for choosing to it but .... are you mad?? :eek: ;) :laughing:

My friend is an Ofsted registered nanny and had an inspection. It lasted all of 10 minutes during which time the inspector sat down, confessed she had no idea what she was supposed to be inspecting, drank a cup of coffee and left.

Any the government reckons WE'RE a money wasting exercise!! :rolleyes:

loocyloo
16-05-2012, 08:22 AM
As a nanny you don't need to do EYFS for either of them - well done you for choosing to it but .... are you mad?? :eek: ;) :laughing:

My friend is an Ofsted registered nanny and had an inspection. It lasted all of 10 minutes during which time the inspector sat down, confessed she had no idea what she was supposed to be inspecting, drank a cup of coffee and left.
Any the government reckons WE'RE a money wasting exercise!! :rolleyes:

i know a couple of ofsted registered nannies and neither have EVER had an inspection!!! i have just text one & she doens't know ANYONE who has ever been inspected :panic: she is having a minor panic now! oops!

Bridey
16-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Oh don't panic her - it seems to be nothing like what we go through although I know she does need to have first aid and public liability insurance in place. There must be some info on the Ofsted website somewhere.

rickysmiths
16-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Out of interest what to Nannies pay per a. to Ofsted for registration?

LittleVoice
20-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Thanks for everyone's replies.

Bridey, I was under the impression that as a Nanny on the voluntary childcare register I had to do EYFS for the little one still as well as risk assessments etc too. To be honest I love doing the observation and assessments so I will keep doing them, I just didnt want to have to do something and not be doind it for the 10 yr old.

As for paying ofsted, to be honest im not sure, I already paid my £35 reg fee as a childminder, ive just rung them to say i was now working as a nanny and they sent me a form to complete to confirm changes and return so they can send me a new reg certificate.

H x :D