PDA

View Full Version : Queen Visit

carebear25
15-05-2012, 07:39 PM
The Queen is coming to visit tomorrow so have decided to take my kids to see her, school mindees are being allowed out early if parents wish to take them but as both working and due to the short notice from schools I have said I will take them at no extra fee as Ive decided to take them - how nice am I :eek::eek:

scoobydoo1
15-05-2012, 09:59 PM
What, she is coming to your house, cool, hope you have the tea and cake ready xx:)

EmmaReed84
16-05-2012, 06:36 AM
Oh wow how lovely, I remember meeting the Queen at RAF cramwell once I was about 10 and got my picture in the paper handing some flowers over... masssive Deidre glasses n'all :blush:

Queenie "Oh thank you, do you live around here?"
Me ":eek:er.......No.... I live in Hibaldstow :o"
Queenie "How lovely"

Monkey26
16-05-2012, 07:51 AM
I took 4 under 4's to see the queen when she came to Exeter - she was close but not close enough to talk to unfortunately but all the bar the youngest (she fell asleep!) had a great morning anyways :D it was slightly stressful for me as it was very very busy and we were right at the front of the barriers so LOTS of people behind us but we coped and the girls still talk about it now some 2 weeks later :thumbsup: enjoy!! Xx

TammyN
16-05-2012, 08:33 AM
ahh the Queen is near me tomorrow and i really want to go and see her, just can't justify keeping my 2 children off school, would have happily took my mindees but we are off on holidays soon and school aren't happy as it is, think it wouldn't be worth the hassle to keep them off tomorrow too :(

carebear25
16-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Well we stood and waited patiently for 2hrs and we got to see her!! Got lots of positive attention from the news crews and photos (all with permission) taken of 2 childminders with kids in hi viz vests lol good cheap advertising x

VeggieSausage
16-05-2012, 06:31 PM
gawd she's putting herself about isn't she the ol' gal!