PDA

View Full Version : DS rash?

EmmaReed84
15-05-2012, 06:12 PM
I know this is a CM forum and not a health one, but who better to ask than you lovely ladies...

I sent mindees home on Friday with a fever, Sunday my son had the same symptoms high temp and feeling like poop, the following day (yesterday) he was fine. Then yesterday my other son came home from school and went straight to bed with a headache, woke up today feeling fine.

Spoke to parent of mindee over the weekend and she said that the kids were fine on the Saturday and that the youngest had a heat rash, when they arrived Monday all was well.

Tonight however My youngest son who was ill on Sunday has just had a very sudden turn, in the space of about 2 hours, his temp went up to 38.9 but is now 38.1 and he now has a rash, not like a boily rash like chicken pox, it disappears with pressure, they are bigger than "pinprick" spots, looks like someone has splattered him with pink paint... Any ideas?

The rash is on his face, arms, legs, front and back, he is not "covered" as in there are loads of them, but a fair few IYSWIM.

Maza
15-05-2012, 06:19 PM
It sounds like my DD at the moment. It could just be a viral rash (that's what GP said). It's just your body letting you know that something is not well. She actually has an ear infection and is on antibiotics now. x

jane5
15-05-2012, 06:24 PM
2 of my mindees have had the same rash and temperature and 1 had an ear infection as well and then 2 weeks later they both went on to come out in chicken pox...........

my dd and another 3 mindees have now got the same rash and temperature and one has the ear infection as well so I am now looking for pox every day :panic:

I go on holiday in 3 weeks so I am hoping dd hurries up and gets the pox if she has been infected incase they dont let us fly :panic::panic::panic::eek:

EmmaReed84
15-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Just called NHS direct, waiting for them to call back. He is in bed now, really hope it isnt chicken pox as my friend is pregnant I am dying to see her lol

loocyloo
15-05-2012, 06:48 PM
DS had a 'heat rash' last weekend, it lasted for about 3/4 days. he had had a bit of a cold, so i'm assuming it was a viral rash! i just gave anti histimine to help with the itching!

JCrakers
15-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Sounds like.a viral rash. My DS had it on his arms and legs two weeks ago. It lasted about 3 days then just went

mum2two
15-05-2012, 07:53 PM
I had 3 mindees turn up week before last with exactly the sameness- all on the same day too!!!

One went to drs and was told it was a viral rash. A couple of days later one of the others had it too.

xx

nipper
15-05-2012, 08:06 PM
We've had the viral rash here too. My two youngest mindees both had it within a week of each other, then the brother of another mindee was hospitalised with suspected viral meningitis (which it turned out not to be!) based on a quickly elevating temperature. Mum stood on my doorstep and I could have sworn blind she was trying to lay that one on my door, even though he's nine years old and attends school ...oh no let's not even go there.:mad:

samb
15-05-2012, 09:13 PM
What is it like on the face? Could it be slapped cheek?

Hope he is feeling better

angeldelight
15-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Hope he is feeling better soon Emma whatever it is

Angel xx

EmmaReed84
16-05-2012, 06:16 AM
Thanks guys, I am not working today. Called parents last night, felt awful about doing so but what can you do? He had a really unsettled night last night and woke up about 3 times really crying like he was in pain, his temperature came down but his room is farily cool anyway and the rash seemed to have faded, but it was quite dark so we will see soon when he wakes up.

Even if he is feeling better I think a snuggle up on the sofa day is on the list of activities ;) :thumbsup:

loocyloo
16-05-2012, 06:35 AM
have a nice snuggly day! hope your ds is better soon x