PDA

View Full Version : so cross!

wonderwoman80
15-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Am so cross, could scream. I had my ofsted a few weeks ago, and got a good. That was after inspector said as it was my first I would only get a satisfactory. On giveing me feedback said observations and planning was best she had seen when asked why I hadnt got outstanding said it was because it was my first graded one.

However someone I knew had hers today only a one child for a few eeks, got outstanding. Stupidly I had showed her all my work, files, records etc and even take my sef away to read. Not saying she has copied anything but I could cry!

Feel like ringing up and asking for the inspector who did hers to redo mine.

Bridey
15-05-2012, 05:31 PM
I am so sorry - its absolutely rotten how our grades can still be based on personal opinion of the inspector. It may be worth giving Ofsted a ring and having a chat about what your inspector said. Personally I don't think it should matter how many inspections you have had, if you are outstanding then you are outstanding.

I know round here grades don't affect the minder's business at all and its personal recommendations that the parents value the most when searching for childcare.

wonderwoman80
15-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Hi yeh to be honest I got loads more children than she has, and when I gave all my parents my report the maority said, I dont want a copy of that I wont read it, we know you are fab. My references were that good made me cry. Just annoying.

EmmaReed84
15-05-2012, 05:38 PM
To be fair I had 2 children before my inspection, I got a satisfactory and my parent scoffed and said "What does she know, your fab!" That made my day... and even though now and then I feel a bit deflated about it, the most important thing is that the parents and kids love me :D

sarah707
15-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Focus on your positives I am sure there are lots in your report!

The rest isn't important if your children are happy :clapping:

Karaza
15-05-2012, 07:12 PM
This happens everywhere gradings are what they see on the day and people deserve different grades to what they get but for all manor of reasons they are given that grade for 3/4 years. I know outstanding childminders who are awful and satisfactory ones who should be graded outstanding.

JCrakers
16-05-2012, 10:57 AM
:( I was upset with my Good also because the inspector couldn't give me any ideas on how I could improve. She said I could be part of a network which I was really cross with. She also said that Childminders don't get Outstanding because they are not like Nurseries. :eek: She denied all of this when I rang Prospect up.
I was seething but calmed down after a couple of weeks. I didn't complain because all my parents know how good I am, I don't care about what 1 inspector says. I put everything into my job.
A childminder down the road had no children on her books and got the same grade as me :rolleyes: Its all a circus and my respect for Ofsted went that day.

But I carried on and now Im not interested in it...but I know I lost my enthusiasm for 'Improvement' and I'm not going to put half as much work into these 3 years as I did the last three...

Cant you tell I'm not bitter :D