PDA

View Full Version : Obs planning and next steps... help please

kat27
15-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Hi Ladies, I'm really stressing out at the moment, just got my first 3 mindees ( 2 of which aren't in EYFS) However I only have the younger one on a Sat afternoon at the moment, I'm really struggling with my planning and next steps. My Introduction to childcare course isn't untill next week and as i only registered in March feel i'm heading into this blind lol. I genuinely think i must look thick to you all but what kind of things do you put for your next steps? Any examples would be great just so I get some understanding of what on earth it is I should be doing with all this paperwork. :blush: Sorry for warbling on lol
Kat
xx

zillervalley
15-05-2012, 11:26 AM
i would firstly get to know the mindees, you then will be able to right up a short obs of where they are now as reguards to there learning goals.

next steps could be just something like , more of the same , will offer ? chance to use the scissors ,

you might be able to identify a schema

ziller

kat27
15-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Thanks i'm just getting myself into a tizz lol. I've had a read through other posts on here to so i've got some ideas now. Thanks :)

sarah707
15-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Take it slowly - if it's only one afternoon a week most of what you do will be in the child's routine.

Then when you know the child better make little obs of what he can do / knows / enjoys etc.

Follow up the next week with activities linked to what you noted the week before.

Hth :D

kat27
16-05-2012, 08:03 AM
Thanks sarah :)

Kat x