PDA

View Full Version : Variation in child numbers

Belly2009
14-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on the following and whether it's possible......

I've just been approached by a potential parent to look after her daughter (5) on an ad-hoc basis possibly one morning/afternoon a month when their father is away on business. Numbers wise this is possible at the min. However, they have asked whether I could possibly look after their other daughter (4) too. Depending on days this could take me over my numbers after school if it were to fall on a mon-weds.

Could Ofsted grant a variation in these circumstances? Or is this a definate no as it takes me over my numbers?

If they can, any pointers on how to get it approved. I might only have a few days notice in advance.

Thanks

christine e
15-05-2012, 05:47 AM
It depends really on how it would take you over your numbers. If for example you are registered for 6 under 8's and the four year old would make it 7 then it would be a NO. If taking the 4 year old on would mean increasing the number in the under 5's then this might be ok but think you would need to take the 5 year old for a short time and then apply for a variation under continuity of care

miffy
15-05-2012, 07:00 AM
Ofsted won't allow you to care for more than 6 children under 8 in any circumstances. If that's not the case then it might be worth applying for a variation.

Miffy xx