PDA

View Full Version : letter to the Queen

Helen Dempster
14-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Hello all

I heard somewhere today that some childminders are writing letters to the Queen with their mindees, and I love that idea! Apparently, Buck Palace are sending out standard letters to everyone in reply (what a great souvenir!)

I was just wondering if any of you were/had done this and what on earth did you write? Did you just wish her a happy Diamond Jubilee? Did you thank her for all she's done for our country? Did the kiddies tell her everything they were doing to celebrate etc?

If any of you have done this, or are thinking of doing it, any tips?

uf353432
14-05-2012, 08:15 PM
I might do that - sounds like a great idea - might ask her if she will sort out Ofsted while we are at it - she might have a bit of clout you never know :laughing::laughing::laughing:

what address should we send them to do you think?

Monkey26
14-05-2012, 08:21 PM
I would like to do this also - we are having a jubilee party on the 29th with some other minders/mindees - today after her asking yet again if the party was today, one of my three year olds came out with "what shall we buy the queen for her party???" haha I did chuckle, so cute :D xx

sarah707
14-05-2012, 08:23 PM
I might do that - sounds like a great idea - might ask her if she will sort out Ofsted while we are at it - she might have a bit of clout you never know :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Her Majesty the Queen
Buckingham Palace
London SW1A 1AA

:D

uf353432
14-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Her Majesty the Queen
Buckingham Palace
London SW1A 1AA

:D

:laughing::laughing: thank you :laughing::laughing: she has so many residences it was hard to choose lol!

sarah707
14-05-2012, 08:58 PM
:laughing::laughing: thank you :laughing::laughing: she has so many residences it was hard to choose lol!

Ahhh but Buck House is the most important one as it has the impressive postcode :clapping:

Though I did always think I'd like to live at No 1 London - but that's Apsley House and belongs to the Duke of Wellington.

Her Maj missed out on that one :laughing: :D

uf353432
14-05-2012, 09:03 PM
No 1 London sounds like a restaurant or hotel name :)

sarah707
14-05-2012, 09:25 PM
No 1 London sounds like a restaurant or hotel name :)

It's quite an aristocratic grade 1 listed pile on Hyde Park Corner - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apsley_House - but I know what you mean! :D

uf353432
14-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Gosh I think Maj missed a trick as well - still has a balcony, great links and smaller so less rooms to heat and clean. :laughing:

Tink
15-05-2012, 06:11 AM
Our mindees are drawing her pictures and we are writing her a letter to go with it.

I checked here for ideas:

http://www.wikihow.com/Write-to-HM-Queen-Elizabeth-II

angeldelight
15-05-2012, 06:14 AM

You mean you do not know my address :laughing::laughing:

Angel xx

Tink
15-05-2012, 06:20 AM
You mean you do not know my address :laughing::laughing:

Angel xx

Get ready Your Majesty AKA Angel, you will be receiving lots of post:laughing:

angeldelight
15-05-2012, 06:25 AM
Get ready Your Majesty AKA Angel, you will be receiving lots of post:laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Angel xx