PDA

View Full Version : SCSWS Application Form

sprinkles
14-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Hi everyone

I'm in the process of filling in my scswis application form and all seems fine until I hit part 4 and the bit about policies, procedures and statements - I'm just really confused about where to even start?! I don't even know the difference between a policy, procedure and statement or what any of them should say :o

Any advice welcome please :)

Demonjill
14-05-2012, 09:42 PM
To keep things simple.....

A policy outlines what you intend to do

and

A procedures explains how you are going to do it

Im in Scotland too although while since filled in any forms.

If you had any specific policy you were struggling with feel free to pm me and i will try to help:thumbsup:

ClaireG
20-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Google is a great tool. You will find other policies on there where you can read and get an idea of what they are looking for. Good luck and give me a shout if i can help at all. x

sprinkles
20-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Thanks, I've got the policies etc done now but am really bamboozled by the bit asking for plans of the house and details of ventilation, heating etc. Did those of you who had to do that (other registered cm's I know didn't have to do this as it's a new form) just draw up a rough copy??

fionamal
20-05-2012, 08:04 PM
I will try and pm you my plan of the house, its mostly for where your smoke detectars are though so you will neeed it for the firebrigades visit.

Hopefully you will be able to adapt my plan to suit your house