PDA

View Full Version : had my 1st inspection (and a little advice?!)

hannahw82
14-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Hi ladies, i dont often post on here, im more of a lurker (bit shy lol) but i thought id let you know i had my 1st inspection and i got good :clapping:

It was quite tough going, she was here for just over 3.5 hours, and she did grill me on lots of different things, but she was also quite nice.

I got my inspection report back today, and on the whole im happy with it - i got goods on everything and good overall, there is just one bit im not very happy with

she has put something like Children investigate materials using their senses as appropriate. For instance, they feel the texture of sand with their fingers and babies explore 'gloop'. However, further opportunities for babies to develop their senses are less developed. This means that chances for them to maximise their learning and knowledge about different materials are not fully explored.

the only thing i can think it refers to is that while she was here she did mention maybe having lots of different materials for the babys to explore for textures, like a cupboard full of materials - at the time i nodded and agreed, but thinking about it i now feel that i should have pointed out that i have a book corner for the children that has a canopy (the ones you have over a bed, made of voile material) and then inside it has different rugs, all different textured, one is bobbly on is smooth, and the same with cushions, some are childrens ones and crinkly and then i have fluffy ones etc. Im not sure if i should mention it as i know i have 24 hours to mention anything if i want - or it i should just leave it!! Any ideas?

Sorry for the big waffle post! xx

sarah707
14-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Unfortunately you can only make factual changes to your report at this point unless there is something you want to raise an objection to.

You need to use it as a learning point - next time spend your entire inspection pointing things out, showing off, making the inspector aware of what you do well and what makes your provision special.

Doing / updating your SEF will also help you :D

BucksCM
14-05-2012, 05:29 PM
:clapping::clapping:Congratulations on your GOOD:clapping::clapping:

uf353432
14-05-2012, 05:38 PM
don't dwell on a tiny negative when you got an amaing result in your inspection, your 1st inspection. Its their job to find something and if that the worst they could find you did a brilliant job. As Sarah says use it as a learning experience.

hannahw82
14-05-2012, 05:46 PM
yeah i know your all right, thanks :-D i was kicking myself not pointing it out after lol!!

i am really pleased with the result :-) and glad thats over with and i can breathe again lol!

guest3
14-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Well done Hannah :jump for joy:

lozzy23
14-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Congratulations on your Good grading :clapping:

kats
14-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Well done on getting good :)

Lems
14-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Well done on your Good:D