PDA

View Full Version : giving LJ's to parents end of term

newandlearning
13-05-2012, 07:27 PM
hi all.. normally I have regular weekly mindees but this year one of my mindees is only coming when the mum is doing shift work so the hours are very irregular.. on top of that the times I have this mindee tend to be for lunch, or after lunch until after school pick ups so to be honest there isn't much time do to much.. on top of that as this is my only mindee during the day and some days he doesnt even show up .. our relationship isn't as good as it could be as he probably just sees me as some odd woman he's left with from time to time..

anyways.. during Sept to Dec. I managed to do some stuff with him when hours were a bit more regular.. but from Jan. I have hardly documented anything.. so do I just give back LJ pretty empty.. ???

you can't get blood out of a stone ay.. and everytime I take him somewhere out of our regular trips to and from school he always seems rather uninterested anyways.. rather puzzled ..:)

jumpinjen
13-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Just wondering if you could document any conversations or things that have happened on the way to school - road safety, making music by clacking stick on railings, talking about dropping litter and recycling, animals that might come out at night and get hurt - jumping in puddles and water, people who help us, road signs numbers and letters? There might not be many pictures but maybe some things might help - would mum notice if nothing came home this term? Doesn;t sound like there's much time to a lot with him :(

Jen x

blue bear
13-05-2012, 07:58 PM
With my irregular ones I don't really do a lj more of a diary that goes home with them every time I have them.
One little girl this year I have only had 3 days in 12 months so the lj would be pretty empty
Maybe do some sort of summary rather than your normal lj format.

jumpinjen
13-05-2012, 08:07 PM
A summary is a good idea - you can practise for the 2 year old reports LOL!!

sarah707
13-05-2012, 08:14 PM
I have a little one I have hardly seen the last few months and it does make it very difficult to write anything ... though when we do interact I can at least notice how much he has changed since last time! :laughing:

I am thinking about changing him onto a scrap book rather than a LJ - it's just too much work for 1 or 2 days a month and the little one isn't interested in going through it like my regulars are.

I would do a summary and give that to mum - ask for feedback as suggested and see what comes back :D

newandlearning
14-05-2012, 06:29 AM
Thank you ladies.. these days I feel like I'm not being as good as I could as this lil one sees me soo irregularly that he won't even instigate conversation a lot of the time.. I already decided at the beginning of the contract to do a learning scrapbook rather than a more formal LJ with him..

I wish he was more interactive with me.. but things are how they are ay.. xx:)