PDA

View Full Version : NCMA Contracted hours question please

toddlers896
13-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Hi
Hope you are all having a happy Sunday. As you can see i am looking at paperwork!!! Just a quick question about contracted hours? If a parent collected a child an hour before the time that is on the contract, how do you all charge?
Would you charge the exact hours you have the child or would you charge what is in the contract.
When i do my invoices at the end of the month i calculate the amount of hrs from the 1st to the 31st and charge that way and they have never collected early. But ime now thinking what would i do if they did?
Thanks

christine e
13-05-2012, 03:35 PM
I charge parents for contracted hours - if they choose to collect early that is fine but the charge is for the hours on the contract. Most of the children I care for are picked up earlier than the time on their contract and for that reason I don't normally make a charge if parent is late from time to time but if they never picked up early and were frequently late then I would charge extra!

loocyloo
13-05-2012, 03:47 PM
i invoice parents in advance for all contracted hours per month.

then if they are ill/off/late to drop off/early to pick up, then i've already been paid. ( although parents who drop off late, have to come and find me where i am, i don't hang around waiting! )

if parents require extra hours during the month, ( or pick up late! ) i add the hours to the next months invoice.

if i am unable to work one day, then i refund it in the next months invoice.

xxx

rickysmiths
13-05-2012, 04:12 PM
I charge for the contracted hours. It is the parents choice if they come and pick up early, they are still charged.

If they are late or request extra hours I add it to the next months bill some childminder ask for it to be paid for at the time the hours are used.

funemnx
13-05-2012, 04:28 PM
I charge contracted hours too - it's parents choice to collect early :thumbsup:

Bridey
13-05-2012, 05:46 PM
I charge for the contracted hours. It is the parents choice if they come and pick up early, they are still charged.

If they are late or request extra hours I add it to the next months bill

I do this :thumbsup:

lozzy23
13-05-2012, 07:53 PM
[QUOTE=loocyloo;1099358]i invoice parents in advance for all contracted hours per month.

then if they are ill/off/late to drop off/early to pick up, then i've already been paid. ( although parents who drop off late, have to come and find me where i am, i don't hang around waiting! )

if parents require extra hours during the month, ( or pick up late! ) i add the hours to the next months invoice.

if i am unable to work one day, then i refund it in the next months invoice./QUOTE]

I do exactly the same:thumbsup:

mum2two
14-05-2012, 08:37 AM
I charge a monthly set fee. When parents sign contracts I work out weekly rate, based on contracted hrs, and x by 48. This gives me my 4 weeks holidays.

Divide that by 12 & that's the set fee each month. Any extra hours parents would receive an invoice at the end in the month same as if I was ill - deducting money.

This works for us, as although we've already taken off our 4 weeks hol, when we actually have time off we are still getting the same money every month! :)

Whether parents collect early, kids off ill or on holiday - its all already paid for.

xx