PDA

View Full Version : policies & procedures-signature & dates

Monkey26
13-05-2012, 09:45 AM
Hi all,

I am updating all my policies and procedures...

At the bottom of each one i have always had this layout

Childminder Signature Review Date
__________________ ___________

And then in the footer

Page 2 of 2
Policies and Procedures Last Updated: __________

Is this correct or should the last updated bit and review date bit be the other way round? I have a feeling i am probably totally over thinking this but for some reason it caught my eye this morning when updating!!! Help set my mind at ease someone, please!!! xx

sarah707
13-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Mine are set out like this...

Policy / procedure name -

Link to the EYFS -

My policy is blah blah

Written by / signature -

Policy date -

Review date -

Then when I review I either add some changes or simply initial and write a new review date :D

Monkey26
13-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Mine are set out like this...

Policy / procedure name -

Link to the EYFS -

My policy is blah blah

Written by / signature -

Policy date -

Review date -

Then when I review I either add some changes or simply initial and write a new review date :D

So do you write the review date when you do the policy - ie May 2013 - or do you leave it blank until you have actually reviewed it?? x

sarah707
13-05-2012, 10:09 AM
I write the review date when I write the policy...

Date of writing - 04.2012

Review date - 04.2013

I also have a cover sheet which talks about how P & Ps are written, gives a list of the ones attached and states that I review annually and as required.

this covers me if an inspector asks why I put an annual date when a review might be required earlier than a year.

Like for example when the Equality Act 2010 replaced the Disability Discrimination Act and I needed to update a number of P & Ps immediately... or when the LSCB gives me new information for my safeguarding P & P mid year :D

Monkey26
13-05-2012, 10:20 AM
I write the review date when I write the policy...

Date of writing - 04.2012

Review date - 04.2013

I also have a cover sheet which talks about how P & Ps are written, gives a list of the ones attached and states that I review annually and as required.

this covers me if an inspector asks why I put an annual date when a review might be required earlier than a year.

Like for example when the Equality Act 2010 replaced the Disability Discrimination Act and I needed to update a number of P & Ps immediately... or when the LSCB gives me new information for my safeguarding P & P mid year :D

Thanks Sarah, most helpful as ever :D x