PDA

View Full Version : How awful

loopyloopy
12-05-2012, 07:11 AM
Made my morning cuppa and out the news on and heard the stories about the 5 children that have died in the house fire in derby and then a woman from London has been arrested for smothering her 2 babies. I have always found the news to be awful as there are hardly any good news stories these days, always death, robbery, attacks ect and next to nothing that makes me smile.

What is the world coming to??

Thoughts and prayers to the families of these little children and I sincerely hope the little boy in hospital from the house fire pulls through

~Grasshopper~
12-05-2012, 07:25 AM
i saw last night, rip all those poor babies :(. its just awful and made me go tell my own boys how much i loved them.

x

Katiekoo
12-05-2012, 07:27 AM
Oh my gosh I haven't heard any of this. That is awful.

ajs
12-05-2012, 08:02 AM
So sad,
I agree the news is so depressing at the moment, I much prefer being in my little bubble and not watching it.

debratina
12-05-2012, 08:19 AM
hi
i live in derby and we are having a really bad time at the moment in less than a week we have had a 7 month old baby murdered, the five children that have died in that fire that could be murder and now i have heard that lewis mighty a little boy who has cancer is sadly dying too. :( my heart goes out to all three families involved.
debra

Mouse
12-05-2012, 10:02 AM
I was watching the news last night & found it all so sad - the children in the fire in Derby, the babies in London. It really does make you very grateful for what you have in life and makes you realise what is important.

FussyElmo
12-05-2012, 12:42 PM
and the fact they have arrested 2 people for murder :( there is not a lot of happy news :(

debratina
14-05-2012, 01:17 PM
more sad news from derby :(
the five children who were killedin the house fire has now risen to 6
the eldest one passed away this morning.
and the police are still no further finding the murderer or murderers

Bridey
14-05-2012, 02:45 PM
What really made me cross today is that the lunchtime news on BBC Radio 1 made football their priority story above this and the two servicemen shot dead in Afghanistan. Very disrespectful I thought. :mad:

From what I understand arson is suspected but not confirmed at this stage - I guess they are still investigating the cause.

Its so sad.

Ripeberry
14-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Very sad. How on earth can you ever come to terms with losing one child let alone 6 in one go :( Someone in that community knows what happened and if anyone is shielding them they should be strung up from the nearest lampost with the perpetrator(s).

And how can it be NOT arson. The front door was alight! :mad::(

debratina
14-05-2012, 05:59 PM
hi
police have now said arson - just need to catch the person or people who started it