PDA

View Full Version : Son's School Newsletter

EmmaReed84
11-05-2012, 03:56 PM
I spoke to my Son's school to ask them about mentioning the Race for Life. The receptionist asked for the details and all I had to hand was a letter I was giving out to the people on my street explaining who I was which house I lived at and a brief explanation of my situation.

I told the receptionist it had all my details, link to the site and my number and just take out the information they needed... They have pretty much copied the entire letter and it takes up quite a chunk of the newsletter. Not sure if that is a bit too much IYSWIM... Feel slightly embarrassed :blush:

This is what it says ...

Hello,

My name is Emma; I live at xxx. I am doing the Cancer Research Race for Life at 11am on Saturday 24th June at Barleylands, Billericay and I am looking for sponsors. My fundraising page is http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/emmareed889 . I found out on Thursday 26th April that my sister has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She is just starting her journey, a journey that my Mum has also been on and thankfully come through! Almost everyone is affected by cancer whether directly or indirectly. Please dig deep. If anyone would like to contact me or wants to donate but does not have access to a computer please feel free to contact me on the details below.

If anyone is already doing the race for life, you have already sponsored someone or regularly donate then I apologise for this letter, please appreciate I am trying to simply raise as much money as possible for this amazing cause. Thank you for reading.
Emma Reed
Number

Do you this that is too much for a primary school newsletter?

flowerpots
11-05-2012, 05:03 PM
No I dont think its too much, well done you :clapping:, i hope you get lots and lots of sponsors from it. :thumbsup:

Cammie Doodle
11-05-2012, 05:51 PM
How lovely of the School to do that . Good Luck, my Friend (a survivor :D) is doing this and my Daughter in Law is doing the Moon Walk this year in Edinburgh

blue bear
11-05-2012, 10:33 PM
No reason to feel embarrassed, it's a wonderful thing you are doing and the school are agreeing by publishing the letter giving their support. Well done you.

sharonmanc
12-05-2012, 06:54 AM
This is fantastic for the school to support you in this way, and I am sure any parent who reads the newsletter will support what you are doing too, like you said everyone knows a person whether family, friend or aquaintance who has been affectd by cancer, and I am sure the arnts will read the newsletter and want to support what you aree doing.