PDA

View Full Version : prices for meals

debbie1
10-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Hi how much do you all charge for meals i have 6 over the week aged from 8mth to 16mth and they all eat like horses lol... i give them porridge and toast each morning and 2 snacks of fresh fruit then at lunch they have a hot meal of something home cooked like pasta bolognese and pudding and then at 430 they have another hot meal like vegetable bake etc everything is made by me not from packets< i am unsure of what to put down per child per day for my accounts i charge 30 per day and thats with food xx

Monkey26
10-05-2012, 06:59 PM
I charge £4.25 per hour
Breakfast is included free if arriving before 08.00
Snacks are included if in full day care (6 hours or more)
I provide a home cooked lunch to each child at a cost of £1.50 per lunch
I do not provide any evening meals at the moment but charge £2.00 per meal if required...

My setting is full to bursting :D xx

Chatterbox Childcare
10-05-2012, 08:54 PM
I charge £2.50 for lunch/dinner/tea and put the actual cost in my expenses

Bridey
10-05-2012, 10:54 PM
I charge £2.50 for lunch/dinner/tea and put the actual cost in my expenses

I do exactly the same :)

... because I have spent the last three years stalking Debbie and paying attention to all her wonderful book keeping and tax advice :thumbsup:

debbie1
11-05-2012, 06:47 AM
Hi Debbie is that 2.50 per meal or for all 3 mine is in with my daily price of £30 and i was going to put £2 for lunch same for tea and £1 for breakfast and 50p per snack does that sound ok to put in my expenses as i said i do cook everything from scratch thanks everyone for your advice x:)

Bridey
11-05-2012, 07:22 AM
EDIT: Sorry got carried away talking about charging parents for food when I see you are talking about accounts :blush:

I put the actual cost of the food in my accounts - again following Debbie who has put a lot of info about how to do this in the Book Keeping section of this forum :thumbsup: