PDA

View Full Version : Front cover for scrapbook LJ?

*Katrina*
09-05-2012, 08:32 PM
I am looking at some scrapbooks I might like to use as Learning Journals but the front covers are so ugly...does anyone else use scrapbooks?
If so what do you put on the front cover? How can I make it nicer?

silvermist
09-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Hiya, I use A4 scrapbooks for my schoolies, I print the childrens name at the top, have words Tink's Place scrapbook at the bottom. The older children then draw or paint something they like to go on the front. My learning journals are A4 ringbinders, I do the names at top, learning journal at the bottom and then painted handprints for babies and little ones. Hth xx

sharonmanc
09-05-2012, 08:46 PM
I have bought A4 hard back lined books from the £1 shop. have laminated a photo of little one, with their name and DOB on and stuck it on the front

nipper
09-05-2012, 09:25 PM
I just use an A4 sized exercise book with a laminated photo on the front as well as a start and finish date. It simply says 'My Learning Journey'.

jadavi
09-05-2012, 09:38 PM
I use scrapbooks too and put a drawing of theirs ( however young they are) on the front stuck down with sticky back plastic bought from staples. Makes it look nice and glossy. I just write their name and 'Special book' and the start date on a post it note that I tuck inside the plastic too. (I don't think you should write on their art so I always use post its or write on the back)

Smiley
09-05-2012, 09:47 PM
I use clear A4 files on 1st page photo of child which then shows through to front and put everything in poly pockets

miffy
10-05-2012, 06:59 AM
I use A4 files too and have photo of the child on their first day with me on front page.

Miffy xx

loocyloo
10-05-2012, 08:36 AM
I use scrapbooks too and put a drawing of theirs ( however young they are) on the front stuck down with sticky back plastic bought from staples. Makes it look nice and glossy. I just write their name and 'Special book' and the start date on a post it note that I tuck inside the plastic too. (I don't think you should write on their art so I always use post its or write on the back)

same here! xxx

i get A4 scrapbooks from wilkies x

Carol
21-05-2012, 08:51 PM
I use scrapbooks and cover them in bright wrapping paper

Carol

Helen Dempster
25-05-2012, 09:12 PM
I use scrapbooks. I used to cover them with pretty paper depending on the child's interests, but it got too fiddly/time consuming so all I do now is cover the 'ugly' parts with a picture of the child and their name, and "my learning journey' which I stick over the word 'scrapbook'. Looks so much better afterwards, cos yes they do look ugly (why can't they make pretty looking scrapbooks???) :mad:

zillervalley
25-05-2012, 09:23 PM
i use scrapbooks fron rymans, and print off a A4 paper with childs name and my logo with all about me printed on

then stick it on the front

ziller

scoobydoo1
25-05-2012, 09:24 PM
I have a front cover for LJ at work. I will try and remember to attach it on Tues when I go back in, I thought this one was really nice.

md0u0131
26-05-2012, 07:11 AM
I write their name in big bubble letters then get the lo to colour them in. Then just stick a big photo of them on the front.

Monkey26
26-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Mine says

(in big letters) My Early Learning Journal

(bold front) Child's name, date of birth and location

Picture of the child during the early days of childcare

(normal font) ... started at JoJo's Giggle Monkeys on...
... attends the setting ... days a week {and then if they attend with a sibling i put something like} with his/her younger/older brother/sister ...

HTH xx

WibbleWobble
26-05-2012, 08:59 AM
i use this

i put a photo on the front....

blue bear
29-05-2012, 07:58 PM
I use display folders from tesco. The front page has a photo of child, a picture that starts with the first letter of child's name (same one for coat peg) and child's name.

Older children design their own.

Joda
29-05-2012, 08:20 PM
I use A4 files with photo of child on front along with their first name

miffy
29-05-2012, 08:27 PM
i use this

That's lovely :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Diddibe
23-06-2012, 11:30 AM
I cover mine as some one said they never look great and then on a A4 sheet have their Name, Time the book covers and of course a photo that the child has chosen from their album.:jump for joy:

migimoo
24-06-2012, 07:57 PM
i use this

That's fab-can't wait for my 3yr old mindee to see her new front cover tomorrow....she'll be telling everyone she meets!

jaswinder bedi
30-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Hi all it's quiet interesting having scrap book, I tend to send all their work home by the end of the week, I could try and keep some of their work in the scrap book which I haven't started yet. Thank you all I shal have a go too.:thumbsup::excited: