PDA

View Full Version : Planning - linking all paperwork together

Jacko81
09-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Hi everyone!

Can anyone help me please??

I am struggling to link in my ILP's with my general planning.

for example:
-Mid term: i pick out development matters my mindees are working towards under each area of EYFS - age stage appropriate
-Short term: i take one developmental matter and write underneath how I will help the child acheive this/ activities/visits etc
-Observations: Observe child in chosen task and link their learning outcome with the developmental matter
-Next steps; Where I shall take the child to next, ILP's

Where i become unstuck is where to I document the ILP's outcomes??

Do i just observe and link to development matters as normal and incorporate ILP activities to all children and expect each childs learning outcome to be different?? Placing these observations from ILp's into each childs learning journal??

I hope this makes sense to someone, i'm getting very muddled by it and need some clarification

I feel like the ILP's dont slot in anywhere!!!

Thanks xxxxx:)

Jacko81
09-05-2012, 08:33 AM
You all gonna think im mad!!!!!!!!!

i think iv answered my own question..........

from the ILP's i devise an activity that links in the childs interest AND the development matter we are working towards eg

Child interest - Ladybirds
DEV Matters - Use one handed tools - PD
- Be interested in the world around us - KUW
Activity - Painting red and black pictures to represent ladybirds using paint brushes and circle objects for printing
Observation - Observe each child and link to all development matters achieved
Next steps - devise or add to each childs ILP. Add to LJ's

Is this right, Have I cracked it????????

sarah707
09-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Sounds good to me! :clapping:

the most important thing is not what I do or the childminder down the road does... it has to make sense to you :D

Jacko81
09-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Sounds good to me! :clapping:

the most important thing is not what I do or the childminder down the road does... it has to make sense to you :D

Thanks sarah!!!

it does now, just could not make that link but once I had wrote the queation down on here it sort of became obvious, if you know what I mean.

Thanks xxx