PDA

View Full Version : Inderpendant arrival

LittleVoice
07-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone had a copy of an inperpendant arrival permission form that they wouldnt mind sharing with me. Im not sure what needs to be in it (other than the obvious!!)

I just want to make sure that I am doing things right. :)

Thank you.

sarah707
08-05-2012, 06:24 AM
I talk about behaviour, who is responsible and when, what I will do if the child does not appear, when insurance starts and ends, how they need to tell me about clubs or after school activities... those kinds of things :D

rickysmiths
08-05-2012, 06:30 AM
When your charges start even if the child is late arriving or never arrives.

I had a child who had to come to me from Year 7 in High School. It was a simple journey from the school, a short bus ride from the town centre and the bus stop is opposite my house. The experience was so worrying, she would nearly always be late. I would be waiting so i could take the children to the local Aquadrome. In the end I would leave and one day we saw her wandering around the edge of the town and so I timed our visit so we would be home in plenty of time as she appeared to be walking. We got home and she arrived 5 mins before mum collected - 3 hours after school ended. The walk to me is 40mins at the longest!!!

I would never do this again.

miffy
08-05-2012, 06:49 AM
There is a sample policy on the Bromley website you could adapt.

Miffy xx

VeggieSausage
08-05-2012, 01:43 PM
This is my policy:

I am happy to mind older children who are at secondary school and who wish to arrive at my setting independently, however I cannot be held responsible for your child's safety until they arrive into my care.

I will need to know in written advance details of their anticipated times of arrival, if they are staying at school for a club, sports fixture or detention I will need to be notified. If there are any unexpected changes a parent must phone me to tell me of the change in arrival time or any other change.

If your child fails to arrive at the anticipated time, I will try to contact them on their mobile phone to confirm their whereabouts. If I am unable to make contact I will contact you for further guidance. If you are unavailable I will contact the school. In the unlikely event that I have been unable to locate your child I will contact the police.

These procedures are not meant to alarm you but to reassure you that I am providing the best care possible for your child.