PDA

View Full Version : Average Weekly hours

suzyjane73
05-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Do we work these out using the hours we were actually working (had mindees with us) or what we are contracted to work, whether the mindee attends or not?

Sometimes mindees may be off sick or don't turn up for whatever reason or get collected early and I have a couple of hours or sometimes a full day with no mindees although they are contracted to be there, can I still count those hours as "working".

The Juggler
05-05-2012, 03:54 PM
those you are contracted for hon. :thumbsup:

lorettacritchet
06-05-2012, 07:28 AM
I always thought it was the actual hours done and believed you were not allowed to claim for times during when the kids were sick or on holidays only when in actual care?

those you are contracted for hon. :thumbsup:

aly
06-05-2012, 06:23 PM
I always thought it was the actual hours done and believed you were not allowed to claim for times during when the kids were sick or on holidays only when in actual care?
this I believe also.

loocyloo
06-05-2012, 06:41 PM
i use the contracted hours, as these are the hours i am paid for!

i guess if you have children on a shift pattern then maybe you need to work out an average, but i am contracted from 8.30-6pm 4 days a week - 38hrs and 2hrs on a monday morning. total 40hrs a week.

miffy
06-05-2012, 09:12 PM
i use the contracted hours, as these are the hours i am paid for!

That's what I use too.

Miffy xx

aly
06-05-2012, 09:19 PM
whjat if you go over those contracted hours?.....plenty of times ive been asked to do extra...

rickysmiths
06-05-2012, 09:43 PM
I have always used actual hours so don't count if the child is sick, on hoiday or when i'm on holiday.

aly
06-05-2012, 10:00 PM
I have always used actual hours so don't count if the child is sick, on hoiday or when i'm on holiday.

Same here too

loocyloo
07-05-2012, 07:40 AM
whjat if you go over those contracted hours?.....plenty of times ive been asked to do extra...

once you've done 40 hrs a week, your allowances don't change, so it doesn't matter how many hours you work!

if you are doing less, then maybe for those weeks when you do more hours, you can use the workings for the extra hours, but you would have to do 10 more hours to make a change in %age you could claim for.

The Juggler
07-05-2012, 08:29 AM
once you've done 40 hrs a week, your allowances don't change, so it doesn't matter how many hours you work!

if you are doing less, then maybe for those weeks when you do more hours, you can use the workings for the extra hours, but you would have to do 10 more hours to make a change in %age you could claim for.

exactly and if you only worked with one child and they were sick a lot it might take you under the 40 hours for claiming full allowances through no fault of your own.:thumbsup:

rickysmiths
07-05-2012, 11:26 AM
exactly and if you only worked with one child and they were sick a lot it might take you under the 40 hours for claiming full allowances through no fault of your own.:thumbsup:

The thing is though if they are not with you you are not using any of the allowable expenses on them so thats why I always understood we can't claim them. The only time it doesn't have an effect is if a child goes on holiday when I am still working or if they are off sick and I'm still working.

The only time it might have an effect is if my numbers were very low. I must confess I tend to average my hour out over a month.

The Juggler
07-05-2012, 01:32 PM
The thing is though if they are not with you you are not using any of the allowable expenses on them so thats why I always understood we can't claim them. The only time it doesn't have an effect is if a child goes on holiday when I am still working or if they are off sick and I'm still working.

The only time it might have an effect is if my numbers were very low. I must confess I tend to average my hour out over a month.

but you might still have bought resources for that sessions set up. whether you use them or not ;)

rickysmiths
07-05-2012, 02:43 PM
but you might still have bought resources for that sessions set up. whether you use them or not ;)

That is true it would still go through as an expense but I don't think you are allowed to claim for hours you don't have any children with you whatever the reason is.

Chatterbox Childcare
07-05-2012, 07:02 PM
I would do contracted hours - I heat my house and then they don't come - who pays for the heating?

We are talking pennies here

suzyjane73
08-05-2012, 08:37 PM
I guess as long as you always do the same thing it doesn't seem to matter!! Thanks I will use contracted hours from now on!