PDA

View Full Version : Decorating after damage by a mindee?

TheBTeam
04-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Can I claim some or all of the cost to redecorate, basically an almost two year old i care for was left with a crayon which he was sat drawing with, i ran to the front door to get a parcel from the postman (i can see right through my house even at the door), and the little one followed me and as he walked past the wall he dragged the crayon partly along the wall.

We have tried to wash it off but it can be seen and the paper now needs painting, (mum is coming to visit later in the year and dont want it looking untidy to give her reason to moan!), we are doing it the cheapest way possible by painting over the wallpaper just to lose the line.

It was my fault cos i should have taken the crayon off of him before chancing going the few feet to the door.

littleones
04-05-2012, 09:40 PM
I think that it proberably comes under wear and tear that you take off your profits at the end of the year, not sure if you could claim for the cost of the paint though
Sorry I couldn't be more help

Chatterbox Childcare
05-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Wear and tear is when things wear out and this is not the case

Remember that this is your house so why should you "just paint it" so that it looks well done...

also I googled the question and got these answers so you may be able to get it off without paint:

heat with hairdryer then wipe clean

you could try to take an old washcloth and lay it over the crayon, then using a hot clothing iron, iron over the clothed area. This works for some things, have never tried it on wallpaper so try it on a less noticeable spot if possible just in case it just smears it.

Put Brown paper over it and iron on medium heat

Things You'll Need

* Car part lubricant such as WD-40
* Warm water
* Liquid dishwashing detergent
* Sponge
* Soft cloth

Steps

Step One
Spray the affected area of scrubbable wallpaper with WD-40 or another car part lubricant.

Step Two
If the surface is heavily soiled, leave the lubricant on for 3 minutes.

Step Three
Wipe the area with a clean, soft cloth.

Step Four
If any residue remains, wash it with warm water and liquid dishwashing soap.
Step Five
Use a sponge and work the soap in a circular motion.
Step Six
Wipe the area dry.
Source(s):
http://www.ehow.com

hairspray or hairdryer and kitchen paper

don't you just love google :)

TheBTeam
13-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Wear and tear is when things wear out and this is not the case

Remember that this is your house so why should you "just paint it" so that it looks well done...

also I googled the question and got these answers so you may be able to get it off without paint:

heat with hairdryer then wipe clean

you could try to take an old washcloth and lay it over the crayon, then using a hot clothing iron, iron over the clothed area. This works for some things, have never tried it on wallpaper so try it on a less noticeable spot if possible just in case it just smears it.

Put Brown paper over it and iron on medium heat

Things You'll Need

* Car part lubricant such as WD-40
* Warm water
* Liquid dishwashing detergent
* Sponge
* Soft cloth

Steps

Step One
Spray the affected area of scrubbable wallpaper with WD-40 or another car part lubricant.

Step Two
If the surface is heavily soiled, leave the lubricant on for 3 minutes.

Step Three
Wipe the area with a clean, soft cloth.

Step Four
If any residue remains, wash it with warm water and liquid dishwashing soap.
Step Five
Use a sponge and work the soap in a circular motion.
Step Six
Wipe the area dry.
Source(s):
http://www.ehow.com

hairspray or hairdryer and kitchen paper

don't you just love google :)

Thanks for this Chatterbox, I have tried a bit of heat on the brown paper stuff in an inconspicuous bit under our stairs but cos the paper has a rubbery type bit on parts for its pattern it has gone a bit funny! So we have gone ahead with painting, would cost us far to much to strip and redo the lot given that there is 18 rolls of wallpaper, dont have the time, energy or money to pay for that! So regardless of whether i can claim it I cant be doing with the hassle of more than a paint job!!!!