PDA

View Full Version : 'Use of mobile phones and camera' in Safeguarding Policy, new EYFS

moggy
04-05-2012, 11:18 AM
New 2012 EYFS asks for Safeguarding Policy to cover the use of mobile phones and cameras. I assume this is more aimed at group settings and the issue of practitioners using cameras/phones inappropriately in secret etc.
As CMs we use phones and camera all the time for personal and business use so do you have a suggestion of how to cover this in a revised Safeguarding policy? Do you think something like 'cameras and mobile phones are used in the setting by myself and my assistant and all use will be appropriate. Parents give permission for their child to be photographed/videoed etc.' is OK? or is there something more I am missing here. Thanks x

rickysmiths
04-05-2012, 11:26 AM
If you use your phone how do you keep the photos safe? What if you lost your phone or it was stolen? Is your phone locked with a pin, do you identify the children, how do you store the phone numbers for mindees are the identifiable as minded families? Are you registered with IOC?

Lincsminder
04-05-2012, 11:39 AM
If you use your phone how do you keep the photos safe? What if you lost your phone or it was stolen? Is your phone locked with a pin, do you identify the children, how do you store the phone numbers for mindees are the identifiable as minded families? Are you registered with IOC?

Surely the same can be said for a camera, if that s lost it also contains photos of the children.

rickysmiths
04-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Surely the same can be said for a camera, if that s lost it also contains photos of the children.

Absolutely but we should have that covered anyway. The new bit in Sept is to include phones as well.

jellybean cc
04-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Can we use phones to take pictures i was told not to so i take phone and camera out with me which seems silly.

I was told it was in case i lost the phone i argued that i could just as easily lose the camera. But was told thats its ok if you lose a camera as its obvious it will have photos on it but its not obvious with a phone.