PDA

View Full Version : Accounts arghhhhhhhh!

Mrs M
03-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Hi, just spent ages doing my accounts. Oh my goodness! I'm sure I'll get into it but it does take some time. I'm using the NCMA accounts book. When it comes to travel, do I just work out the mileage and multiply it by .40p to get to the right figure and enter that? Also, as I'm collecting one of my mindees, should I put those miles through the accounts?
Thank you!

FizzysFriends
03-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Don't do more than 10,000 business miles at 40p though else you have to declare over the 10,000 as its taxable.

I would say (please wait for someone experianced to confirm or deny though) that you would include miles when collecting a mindee as they are still business miles.

sarah707
03-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Any mileage for business goes through your books at 40p a mile... just tot it up every trip you make. Some people put a notebook in their car and write in it every time they get into the car.

Yes it does get easier... if you keep it up every month!

It's when you get behind that it gets a bit silly :rolleyes:

Alibali
03-06-2008, 12:25 PM
I do mine weekly and it only takes 5 mins, no probs once you get used to it, and remember everything related to your minding goes through like trip to the shops to buy food and supplies etc, milage adds up quicker than you would think. Also when you collect LO remember to include milage for both ways as you have to bring her back too:)

Ali x

larathebabe
04-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Thank you for your contribution Lara, it's great to have you on here as a new member.

Perhaps you would like to get to know our members first before you advertise your accounts package.

Don't forget to pop into say hello and introduce yourself! :D