PDA

View Full Version : Moving on...

Dani Girl90
01-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Hi there. Long story short, i have had a relationship breakdown over the last week. I was due to be married but he has decided it's not for him and therefore I am having to move on. I will be looking to rent a house near by so that i can continue with my childminding business. Does anyone know if this is an easy thing to do?? Im so worried the only good thing in my life now is going to be ruined! I cant sleep with worry. I rang Ofsted and they said as long as i have a permanent address. Surely all childminders don't have a mortgage?

So am i ok to continue in rented property and will this be hard to find a landord that will accept the job aswell as me?

Please help,
Dani

sarah707
01-05-2012, 09:52 PM
I am so sorry your relationship has ended you must feel very vulnerable right now.

Take it one thing at a time - look for property, ask the question and then think what to do next.

Hugs xx

got-it girls
01-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Hi there. Long story short, i have had a relationship breakdown over the last week. I was due to be married but he has decided it's not for him and therefore I am having to move on. I will be looking to rent a house near by so that i can continue with my childminding business. Does anyone know if this is an easy thing to do?? Im so worried the only good thing in my life now is going to be ruined! I cant sleep with worry. I rang Ofsted and they said as long as i have a permanent address. Surely all childminders don't have a mortgage?

So am i ok to continue in rented property and will this be hard to find a landord that will accept the job aswell as me?

Please help,
Dani

I think you need landlords permission to work as a childminder from property lots do....really sorry to hear about your relationship xxx

Kiddleywinks
02-05-2012, 06:30 AM
Sorry to hear about the relationship breakdown, it's an emotional time, but better it breakdown now, than once you're married and have the trauma of a divorce :group hug:

With regards to moving Got-It Girls correct, you need to have the landlords permission, which will probably limit you to private landlords, housing associations, or the council.
When I asked the estate agents/landlord agents about working from home, I got very negative attitudes and definite no's. I had also called myself a childcare practitioner rather than a child minder to see if that made a difference... it didn't :rolleyes:
Although one did suggest I rent first, then approach the landlord almost as a fait accompli, the problem I saw with that was the landlord still refusing and then I'm out of a job! He didn't 'get' it

Once you find a place, you then need to ensure it's safe for children, so do your risk assessments for the new place, sort out any issues, and inform ofsted of your new address. They may ask to see your RA's, or do a visit, or trust that you to have done your job correctly.

I know it probably feels like your world is falling apart right now, but, as I'm sure many will agree, it will get easier, it will sort itself out, and in a year or two's time, you'll realise it was probably for the best.

Good luck, and as Sarah's said, take it one step at a time ;)

Chimps Childminding
02-05-2012, 06:42 AM
Sorry to hear about your relationship breakdown :group hug:

I know there are lots of cm's on here who work from rented accommodation so hopefully you will get lots of good advice!

miffy
02-05-2012, 06:53 AM
Hugs to you, it must be a very scary uncertain time for you right now.

You will need your new landlord's permission to childmind from their property so bear that in mind when you start looking.

There will be lots of advice and support here so never think that you are alone.

Miffy xx

Bridey
02-05-2012, 07:13 AM
I am so sorry that you are going through all this. I can't offer you any advice I'm afraid but do wish you all the best and to assure you there are happier times waiting for you just around the corner.

sillybeans
02-05-2012, 07:17 AM
Sending hugs x

I rent and it was a little frustrating to find a landlord who said yes.

You need to explain from the off (or have a letter ready) that your job does not entail hoards of rampaging children wrecking the house. :eek:

Explain that you are regularly inspected and the inspection includes you having a home that is in excellent condition, detail the max number of children that will be in your home and how it is in your interest to keep the home clean and tidy and how this works in the landlords favour as you have a vested interest in keeping the home at its best. Also you will be looking to be a long term tenant as again that is in the best interest of your business.

I hope you get the idea ... you need to sell yourself and your occupation :)

Dani Girl90
22-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the lovely comments guys. I'm finally getting there now and feeling much more positive :)