PDA

View Full Version : ? about numbers (quick answer needed)

Mrs Dolphin
01-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Hi all. I currently have my own 2 year old and 4 year old and look after another 2 year old everyday. I am wondering when my 4 year old is at pre-school, can I look after another child for those hours. Basically she is doing her 15 hours a week (5 mornings, 3 hours a morning)? As my child is not in my care so I only have 2 children with me? Any ideas? Thanks

mama2three
01-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Sorry no. Not until they are at full time school when your cert will change. Just now your cert will say no more than 1 in the early years. It doesnt matter whether yours are actually with you at any given time.

miffy
01-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Sorry no. Not until they are at full time school when your cert will change. Just now your cert will say no more than 1 in the early years. It doesnt matter whether yours are actually with you at any given time.

Agree with Kath, your own children count wherever they are.

Miffy xx

suzanne1
09-05-2012, 07:45 PM
I asked Ofsted on the phone about this, except I used the example that hubby had taken my own little boy out for the day. They said I could apply for a variation which should be granted. Not sure if your situation makes things different though.