PDA

View Full Version : Had my inspection

littleones
30-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Well as the title says I have had my first graded inspection
The woman said at the end I have a satisfactory which would have been fine however since she left I have been going over everything in my head and feel that she didn't look at all of my paperwork in detail, didn't ask me about eyfs this one or the updated one, didn't ask about safeguarding and was only really interested in why we don't use the garden more, I use it when I want but it has been horrid weather recently and so we haven't been out there as much
She has given me 2 or 3 recomendations and these are all to do with improving the outdoor learning, but she didn't say anything about my paperwork etc
She came almost a week ago (24th) but is there anything I can do about it now, I am with this grade for the next 3 years and want to know that it was definitely because of everything and not just from not using the outdoor space enough, I have only had this child 2 x6hour days for the past 8 weeks so I couldn't fit a lot of outdoor learning in ESP when the weather seems to be bad every time I have her
Sorry this has turned into such a long post
Thanks if you managed to get this far

WibbleWobble
30-04-2012, 04:12 PM
ok...deep breath

so you got a satisfactory....thats great! you are doing everything required of you!

dont beat yourself up and yes with hindsight we all think "golly i wish i had said/done/shown that" i know i still do after nearly two year.....still grumbling now.

If Mrs O came to see me now it would be a different kettle of fish as i have experience and a lot more "guts" to argue my case.

so....well done on getting through it without hitting/crying at/running away from mrs o....that in itself is a brucie bonus!

well done you

love mandy xxxxx

miffy
30-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Have you had your report? I'd wait and see how that reads.

Miffy xx

littleones
30-04-2012, 05:41 PM
No I haven't had the report yet, I will wait and see what that says but I just wish I would have thought about all this while she was here and made her look at everything and just told her about safeguarding etc

JMcG
30-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Hi, I've had a similar situation today. 'satisfactory' at my first graded inspection. Maybe my development officer just got my hopes up too much. She thought I'd breeze a 'good'. Apparently I just haven't been doing it long enough to warrant a good! And I didnt have enough toys for the three year old I've literally just taken on. Hmmmm. See how the report reads.

CH1957
30-04-2012, 08:24 PM
I had my first graded inspection on the 24th also. My inspector only asked me 3 questions in the 3 hours she was here. She was more interested in my paperwork, especially my SEF, I wasnt asked about EYFS either. It seems that most of them work this way from what Ive heard from other people.
As far as using the garden goes, I understand that they expect you to use it whatever the weather! We went out in the garden while it was raining as the LO's were asking to play with the sand pit - yuk! I even took the 4 month old baby out there.
Wait til your report comes and read through it and if you then feel there are things on there that you dont agree with, maybe you should question it.

sarah707
30-04-2012, 08:24 PM
It is hard to know what to advise until you get your report and check what it says.

If there are factual errors you must let them know straight away.

Unfortunately if it's down to things you forgot to say then you need to reflect on this and be better prepared next time!

The time to start preparing is now... use your report as a springboard to show how much you have improved! :D