PDA

View Full Version : Letter requestion donations?

EmmaReed84
30-04-2012, 11:40 AM
I hate asking for money, whether it is money owed to me, my invoice or even charity... it just sends me all goofy and I never know what to say. Anyway I want to raise as much money as possible for Race for Life and as I life on a street which is fairy tight knit...(everyone knows everyone else kind of thing) I thought I would do a letter drop...

Hello,

My name is Emma; I live at xxx. I am doing the Cancer Research Race for Life at 11am on Saturday 24th June at Barleylands, Billericay and I am looking for sponsors. My fundraising page is http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/emmareed889. I found out on Thursday 26th April that my sister has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She is just starting her journey, a journey that my Mum has also been on and thankfully come through! Almost everyone is affected by cancer whether directly or indirectly. Please dig deep. If anyone would like to contact me or wants to donate but does not have access to a computer please feel free to contact me on the details below.

If anyone is already doing the race for life, you have already sponsored someone or regularly donate then I apologise for this letter, please appreciate I am trying to simply raise as much money as possible for this amazing cause. Thank you for reading.

Emma Reed
email address
number

How does this sound? Would you do it this way? I just feel a bit funny about knocking on peoples doors and putting them on the spot.

EmmaReed84
30-04-2012, 12:05 PM
The title is supposed to say REQUESTING... My head is not really working today :(

justdaz
30-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Hi Emma,

My daughter ran the London Marathon this year for a charity very close to our hearts, PSPA (Progressive Supranuclear Palsy Association). This is exactly what we did to try and raise awareness and funds. We just put in ours that Becca was running the race, what for and IF they wanted to support her to go to fund raising page or talk to us. We also invited them to read he training blog post.

We did write the names of the people at each house on the front of each folded letter so it looked a little more personal and not just put in the recycle bin unread.

We did get some sponsorship and as they say 'every little helps'.

I wish you all the best with your run and your fundraising-which is often the hardest bit.

Good Luck:thumbsup:

EmmaReed84
30-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Thank you, I like to idea of the name thing, but I don't know their names :blush: it is a close kind of community, but not that close IYSWIM. We all talk to each other and a lot of the people are older and have lived there all their lives.

I am going to my son's school, my other son's playschool, my old place of work, husband is talking to his work... (he is now doing a mcmillian run in July) Also I have a large family and a close CM community. I have even got one the Mums doing with run with me.

I know every little helps, but I always want more. I have really really long thick hair... as in down to my bottom... I love my hair so much, but I am thinking of trying to raise a certain amount and I will cut it all off! And then donate it to the charity that makes wigs for Chemo patients!