PDA

View Full Version : Quick need advice please about inspection

SYabs
29-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Im due my 1st inspection, either tomorrow, tuesday or weds.

My little girl has been poorly today and i've had to cancel my working day for tomorrow. What should I do? Should I contact OFSTED in the morning and tell them ? Or just wait? I mean they may not turn up till Tues/Weds.

I looked in my 'Are you ready for inspection' booklet and it says-

'where there are children on roll, but they are not present on the day of inspection because, for example, they are ill or on holiday, inspectors will carry out a full inspection and will grade the quality of your provision'

My only concern is, if I'm not minding and the inspector cant see me with the children i mind for, could it affect my grading??

Fingers crossed its not tomorrow!!

Zumba-mum
29-04-2012, 08:22 PM
I would ring just to be on the safe side.

cathtee
29-04-2012, 08:22 PM
I think I would let ofsted know that you have cancelled children for tomorrow due to illness in your house, would be unfortunate for inspector to become ill:blush: I think it will affect your grade if no there are no children in your setting as they cannot see your interacting with them.

Hope you lo gets better soon, and that this has helped:thumbsup:

SYabs
29-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Ok thanks ladies I will ring Ofsted helpine tomorrow morning and tell them.

Thanks x

SYabs
30-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Morning! I rang Ofsted who then put me in touch with Tribal.
They are going to contact the Inspector and inform her.
They were very friendly and helpful :)

Maybe tomorrow or Wednesday now... Will let you know

christine e
30-04-2012, 08:11 AM
I think if you are not working because your own child is ill then you are not available to be inspected your attention should be on your daughter - you are in effect closed for business and that includes inspections

Good luck with the inspection

Cx

cathtee
30-04-2012, 11:29 AM
What a relief you could cancel last thing you needed was an inspection. Hope your little girl is feeling better today, good luck for your inspection :)

SYabs
30-04-2012, 04:26 PM
thanks for our comments :)

Luckily my daughter is now showing signs of getting better.

So I shoul be able to work tomorrow, fingers crossed Ofsted come tomorrow do I can get it over with, getting nervous now!! Yikes!!

miffy
30-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Glad to hear your daughter's feeling better.

Fingers crossed you get the inspection out of the way tomorrow.

Best of luck :thumbsup:

Miffy xx