PDA

View Full Version : Race for life, for my sister!

EmmaReed84
28-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Hi guys

As some of you may already know I found out on Thursday night my older sister was diagnosed with breast cancer. She is having the lump and her lymph glands removed on Monday and starts Chemo on Friday!

I have always wanted to do the Cancer Research Race for Life but each year it came and went and I never did it, now I have pulled my finger out and have registered... http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/emmareed889 Here is my page.

Please please I beg, if anyone can spare even just £1 to sponsor me I would be ever so grateful! If you are unable to donate I understand but I would also ask that you share my page on your FB just to get it out there.

Almost everyone is affected by cancer in some form or another, the least we can do for any cancer sufferer is try to raise money to help with the fight against this totally unfair disease!

If anyone else is doing the Race for Life, feel free to post your link on my Thread as well...

Thank you so much!!!

catlyn
28-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Hi Emma....i was diagnosed with breast cancer 5 weeks ago and go into hospital on Wednesday for my operation...I am doing the race for life on May 15th in Durham ...not set my page up yet but when I do i will post it on here if no one minds Thanks x x Hope your sister is OK x x

EmmaReed84
28-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Thank you, my sister is surprisingly calm and taking it in her stride. My niece is a bit worried about her as we all have been very emotional and my sister has been "normal" I think she is stucking it up, painting on her warface preparing for battle IYSWIM, I think once it is over she will feel like she can let it out.

Definitely post away on here, the more donations we can all collect for this worthy cause the better! Good luck with your fight sending you lots of hugs xxx

The Juggler
28-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Emma I'm doing this but have no idea about posting links etc. good luck with your fundraising for your sis and Catlyn I'm so sorry. I wish you all the best with your op and your fundraising xx

EmmaReed84
29-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Emma I'm doing this but have no idea about posting links etc. good luck with your fundraising for your sis and Catlyn I'm so sorry. I wish you all the best with your op and your fundraising xx

? You mean you don't know how to post a link to here?

Also there is a FB page created for my sister created by me and my niece, here is the link http://www.facebook.com/SupportForSue if anyone wants to like it.

My sister has decided to take photos of her appointments talk about things to show us her journey and also offer support to anyone else going through this.

Again if anyone else is doing the Race, please feel free to post a link to your fundraising page here. X

The Juggler
29-04-2012, 12:34 PM
? You mean you don't know how to post a link to here?

Also there is a FB page created for my sister created by me and my niece, here is the link http://www.facebook.com/SupportForSue if anyone wants to like it.

My sister has decided to take photos of her appointments talk about things to show us her journey and also offer support to anyone else going through this.

Again if anyone else is doing the Race, please feel free to post a link to your fundraising page here. X

lol not properly :blush: if i do it's just one that has to be copy and pasted by others rather than takes you through to the site.:blush:

EmmaReed84
29-04-2012, 01:00 PM
lol, well I am not sure if this is the 'proper' way or not but I open another window. Go to the page I want to link to, copy the address from the bar at the top. Come back to the forum and click the icon with the world on it... It says insert link. Then I paste...

The Juggler
29-04-2012, 01:12 PM
lol, well I am not sure if this is the 'proper' way or not but I open another window. Go to the page I want to link to, copy the address from the bar at the top. Come back to the forum and click the icon with the world on it... It says insert link. Then I paste...

:laughing:thanks hon.

catlyn
29-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Thanks Emma x x i tried to edit my post to add the link but it wouldnt let me??? This is the link to our fundraising page x Thanks in advance to anyone that donates

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/lynnemcguigan-boobilicious