PDA

View Full Version : Risk assessments

Kirsty90
26-04-2012, 05:48 PM
I have all my general risk assessments in place and also a general outing risk assessment. I am trying to put together specific outing risk assessments though on places such as playgroups and parks. Any ideas on what should be on these?

Also need to do risk assessments for activities, what do I need and what needs to be on them?

Thanks

Kirsty x

Bridey
26-04-2012, 06:09 PM
There is a whole section called Risk Assessments in the forum - lots of good ideas in there :)

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92

rickysmiths
26-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Firstly I have never RA individual activities I would be here till next Christmas and beyond if I did that!

I have as part of my Playroom one but you can do it on its own. One that covers keeping things like crayons felt tips out of younger children's reach and scissors and glue etc.

Only using child friendly products and supervising as required. Using age appropriate resources.

For the outing one I have a General Car RA and a General Outing one.

This covers things I will always need to cover when I leave the house. Phone topped up with credit and charge,
first aid kit, petrol in the car, bag with nappies, wipes, nappy bags, drinks, snacks in case we are delayed. Buggies, rain covers etc etc

Kirsty90
28-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Would anyone please be kind enough to share their risk assessment they have for things such as craft activities/ cooking & baking. I'm trying to just do an overall one for eveything like this but have no idea where to start.

Thank you

Kirsty xx

Kirsty90
29-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Please can anyone help me with my activity risk assessment? :(

Thanks

Kirsty xx