PDA

View Full Version : Had the call

Kirsty90
26-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Ofsted are coming out either next week or the week after :panic:

I am so nervous I feel sick :( Any tips or advice please?

Thanks

Kirsty x

flowerpots
26-04-2012, 04:29 PM
OOOooh Good luck :thumbsup:

Be yourself, try not to panic, sell yourself and stick to your normal routine with the children! they are my top tips. :D

CH1957
26-04-2012, 07:22 PM
I had my first graded inspection on Tuesday and I was SO nervous for the week before she came, but was alright on the day.
Make sure you have all your paperwork laid out on a table, I labelled everything so she knew what was in each folder etc. Check her ID and write her in the visitors book. First thing she asked was if I had updated my SEF as she'd read mine online, so make sure you do that. Make sure you talk to the children constantly and dont leave them on their own. I made their snacks and lunch early in the morning so I didnt have to worry about being in the kitchen for ages. She only asked me about 3 questions as she said my paperwork was excellent and very thorough so she had everything she needed. She was here for 3 hours, it went really quickly but I was exhausted at the end of it!
Good luck. HTH :)

Kirsty90
26-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Thank you for your replies. I think I am almost on top of my paperwork just need to update learning journeys!

If you dont mind me asking how do you have your toys displayed or do you have a playroom? I'm starting to worry that the way I have them displayed will not be good enough, also what does everyone do about nappy changes? I only have a small downstairs loo so have to do it in the living room (which we use as our playroom). Will this be OK with ofsted?

Thanks

Kirsty xx

CH1957
26-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Thank you for your replies. I think I am almost on top of my paperwork just need to update learning journeys!

If you dont mind me asking how do you have your toys displayed or do you have a playroom? I'm starting to worry that the way I have them displayed will not be good enough, also what does everyone do about nappy changes? I only have a small downstairs loo so have to do it in the living room (which we use as our playroom). Will this be OK with ofsted?

Thanks

Kirsty xx

I have a conservatory that I use as a playroom. All the big toys - dolls house, garage, ride-ons, are out but smaller things are in cupboards and I have labelled them - pictures and words. Ive got a room I use as a sleep room with travel cot and I do nappy changes in there.

miffy
26-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Think about how the children can access your toys. If you don't have them all where children can see or reach them then how do they know what toys are available - do you have a photo album with pics of your toys in, do you rotate toy boxes regularly, do you ask children what they would like to play with?

Good luck on the day, hope it goes well for you

Miffy xx

Kirsty90
26-04-2012, 08:37 PM
I have all my toys in boxes, all extra things are stored upstairs and things are rotated regularly. I have things such as the kitchen, the work bench and the pushchair out at all times. I have a box of books out at all times in the quiet area and the dressing up things are always out in a box. Do you think this will be OK?

I am panicking so much can see me not getting any sleep for a week!!

Thanks Kirsty xx

miffy
26-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Try not to panic Kirsty, you will be fine. What you've said about toys sounds fine to me - have you explained in your sef how you rotate things etc.

Double check your paperwork, make sure everything has a signature (it's often little things that get overlooked). On the day put all your paperwork out for the inspector and then carry on with the children as you would usually do.

Good luck

Miffy xx

MagdalenaS
26-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Hi,
I had call as well :)
Ofsted is coming either next week or the fallowing one. I am using Babys Days for all my paper work, do i have to print it all out? or maybe I can log in to my system and just let this women check it? Would they check (look through) only kids with are with me at that day??

angeldelight
26-04-2012, 09:05 PM
I have all my toys in boxes, all extra things are stored upstairs and things are rotated regularly. I have things such as the kitchen, the work bench and the pushchair out at all times. I have a box of books out at all times in the quiet area and the dressing up things are always out in a box. Do you think this will be OK?

I am panicking so much can see me not getting any sleep for a week!!

Thanks Kirsty xx

Sounds like you already have things under control Kirsty

Just be yourself and do not panic you will be fine

Good luck, keep us posted

Angel xx

angeldelight
26-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Hi,
I had call as well :)
Ofsted is coming either next week or the fallowing one. I am using Babys Days for all my paper work, do i have to print it all out? or maybe I can log in to my system and just let this women check it? Would they check (look through) only kids with are with me at that day??

Good luck to you too

Angel xx

maluvsya89
26-04-2012, 09:56 PM
i had my call to.. she told me not to worry about my SEF as i have only had one mindee for four weeks to.. she also said she isnt expecting much for obs and ass as she is only 14months (even though i have quite a bit of obs done anyway) all my signatures are up to date and policies etc!! just feel like im missing out on that one thing.
i also mentioned at the moment i am going between different ways of recording evaluations/obs and her learning development as im trying to find out what i find is the best way she said this was great..
and i gave my parent a questionnaire/feedback form last week and again she said its brilliant and asked why i replied saying so i can put anything right now before leaving it six months etc again she said great.

good luck with yours xx