PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about buddhas and the luck they bring, I have a question

mumto3
25-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Ok basically my hubby has bought me this for my bday prezzie (from last sept but only just spent it) http://www.siiren.co.uk/prod/228/happy-buddha-statues/fairtrade-dark-wooden-laughing-buddha-chinese-dragon

It arrived today but 2 of the spikes on the back of the dragons head have been broken off in transportation even though it was very well packaged, I rang them straight away and they said I could either have it replaced for another one which I will get beginning of next week or glue the bits back on and they will give me a part refund (not sure how much)

I asked my hubby coz he bought it for me and he said send it back so I rang the company to arrange it, Im waiting for a call back from them, I put a status on my facebook asking opinions, a few people said send it bak as its damaged, I was worried that because its damaged it may affect the luck, wealth and prosperity it is supposed to bring (I am quite superstitous) but then a couple of people started saying that by sending it back Im rejecting it so another one wont bring luck etc and that it may have broken parts on it but not everything in life is perfect, someone else said that maybe there was a reason it broke in transpotation so what will be will be and then another comment really made me think, he said the refund was the start of my luck and Im sending it away!!

So what would you do, send it back or keep it with its inperfections, I do love it and I have it on display already, HELP

Bushpig
26-04-2012, 08:44 AM
I am not superstitious/into Buddha figurines at all, so perhaps not the best person to ask... but it's broken, so would send it back for a replacement.

QualityCare
26-04-2012, 09:03 AM
As you are superstitious and although l love Buddha's l'm not superstitious over them l would accept him as he is, glue the broken part on and tell him how much you love him and hope he feels better now that you have fixed him. Love him imperfections and all as you would a family member he was meant for you. Haggle for decent refund explaining about superstition and rejecting him.

~Grasshopper~
27-04-2012, 08:59 PM
hi

i would also keep him and haggle for a huge discount. hope he brings you luck xx

maluvsya89
27-04-2012, 09:05 PM
i agree about keeping him and asking for more refunds.

i brought my mom a buddha from holiday last year.... turned out it wasnt a very good one :S they should label them lol x
good luck

mumto3
28-04-2012, 10:10 PM
It seems that this one is deemed to be mine I think

I spoke to the company on friday, they said the item is now out of stock so i have a choice of waiting 4-6 weeks until a container arrives with a new one or they will send a courier to pick this one up, send him back for a proper invisable repair and then send him back to me and they will give me a part refund aswell so thats what im gonna do, the dragon has another crack that looks like it has previously been repaired so im gonna push for quite a discount, he cost £124.99, how much discount do u think i should ask for?

uf353432
28-04-2012, 10:20 PM
ok well as someone who is not at all superstitious - I would say what a brilliant business model. Charge someone ALOT of money for an imperfect item and then rely on their superstitions/beliefs etc to ensure that they don't press for a replacement delivered in a perfect condition - I would say that 'if' it were true that you get good luck from this statue then surely that is only true until you accept receipt and they become your goods, until that time the goods still belong to the company whom sells them. I would therefore argue that since the goods are broken and you are communicating with the company you have not taken receipt of the goods and the item doesn't belong to you, you are simply storing it in your home for them to collect. If this were any other item delivered to your home and you spent that much money on it - then surely you would want it delivered in a condition akin to the amount you spend on it.

Carol M
29-04-2012, 07:12 AM
Keep him and celebrate Wesak (Buddah Day) on May 6th :)
Carol xx

mumto3
29-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Keep him and celebrate Wesak (Buddah Day) on May 6th :)
Carol xx

I thought it was 8th may buddhas birthday? Hope i get him back by then