PDA

View Full Version : Contract in place and now im pregnant.......

mrscross
25-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Ok this is my 1st post and im not even sure its in the right place but here it goes.

About 3/4 weeks ago I agreed a contract with some parents to start in October. Its all been agreed signed and the 1st 4 weeks fees have been paid to hold the place.

this week I have found out I am pregnant unplanned(i was on the pill) but very much wanted.

My query is to where I stand with regards to this contract my baby will be due at the end of december.

if i have missed any vital information out feel free to ask me :)

kindredspirits
25-04-2012, 08:27 PM
i would be upfront with parents (no point not being, you'll be huge by october!!) I was last october (my little girl was born at the end of December last year )
and work out if you want to even bother starting the LO if you are going to be on maternity leave within a couple of months.
if you don't intend on starting LO then give back the deposit and tear up the contract (with parents agreement of course)

Bridey
25-04-2012, 08:28 PM
I don't know where you stand legally but morally I would say that it would be unfair on the family, in particular the LO, not to tell the parents and give them a chance to cancel the contract and get their deposit back if you are intending to take maternity leave after only a few weeks work.

Congratulations by the way. The timing may be out but its fantastic news! :)