PDA

View Full Version : Surrounded by People but Feel So Alone.

Tealady
25-04-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm in the middle of a health scare at the moment. I have a small lump in my side that my GP suspects is a Lipoma (harmless lump of fat) but she has ordered an ultrasound just to make sure. Apparently from the shape and location it would be very unusual to be anything else. However it is still a worry and I do have a moments where I completely freak out.

I have a very loving husband, my sister and mum both live close by and we get on well and two Best Friends. However, I really feel I need a bit of TLC at the moment and a chance just to talk about things but they all seem to be so self absorbed at the moment. I've never noticed it before, I suppose I'm always the one to listen to them (My nick name amongst my closest friends is "The Wise Woman"). One friend has an amazing new job, the other a new man. I've always been the strong one in my family, where my sister and Mum are concerned and My DH is working long hours at the moment and I think just wants to block the whole lump thing out until we know more.

What has made me feel even more isolated is my sister really. She has ongoing health problems herself with various Auto Immune Conditions and I always try and help her, listen to her woes, don't get upset when once again she blows me out when we arrange something etc. Anyway last night I started talking about things to her when we were interupted and she just went off to speak to the other person and today she has put on FB that she won't be phoning or meeting anyone for a few days as she is putting herself first for a change. Which to my mind she always does anyway.

I think I need a hug and to ball my eyes out and generally feel sorry for my self for a bit, but no, I just have to soldier on.

Don't really need any advise, just a rant as I'm probably just being self absorbed myself.

Nikki125
25-04-2012, 02:00 PM
here are lots of hugs for you. :group hug::group hug::group hug::group hug::group hug:

kindredspirits
25-04-2012, 02:09 PM
big hugs to you xx

Ripeberry
25-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Hugs to you. We all here if you want to talk.

Mouse
25-04-2012, 02:23 PM
I feel for you so much and know exactly where you're coming from :(

I'm the strong one...always have been...always will be. But every now and again i want to be the one everyone puts first, but they never do :(. Everybody rallies round the people who are always in need, but when it's you and your one off need, they're not interested. They just don't seem to realise that you need support as well sometimes.

(((big hugs))) to you. Remember, none of you friends and relatives exist on here, so it's all about you!

Have you got a date through yet for your ultrasound? I've got a couple of harmless fatty lumps, but they do give you a scare when you first notice them!

Bridey
25-04-2012, 02:32 PM
I hope you get the medical reassurance you need very soon. Then I would suggest planning something nice for yourself to enjoy. Maybe a pedicure or a lovely day out. Put yourself first for that moment :)

Best wishes x

merry
25-04-2012, 05:07 PM
:group hug: I hope you get reassuring news very soon.

:)

ajs
25-04-2012, 05:34 PM
I feel for you so much and know exactly where you're coming from :(

I'm the strong one...always have been...always will be. But every now and again i want to be the one everyone puts first, but they never do :(. Everybody rallies round the people who are always in need, but when it's you and your one off need, they're not interested. They just don't seem to realise that you need support as well sometimes.

(((big hugs))) to you. Remember, none of you friends and relatives exist on here, so it's all about you!

Have you got a date through yet for your ultrasound? I've got a couple of harmless fatty lumps, but they do give you a scare when you first notice them!

Big hugs to you. We are always here to listen
But anyway back to me, I so know what you mean I am also the strong one but sometimes we need a good cry and a hug. My dh doesn't get it either. Hopeless aren't they

mrs_scottydog
25-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Sending lots of big hugs to you. Hx

Mouse
25-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Big hugs to you. We are always here to listen
But anyway back to me, I so know what you mean I am also the strong one but sometimes we need a good cry and a hug. My dh doesn't get it either. Hopeless aren't they

They're men, say no more :rolleyes: :laughing:

silvermist
25-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Bless your heart, I am sending you a huge hug. Like Mouse said, none of your friends or family are here so please feel free to talk to all your friends on here. I hope you get some reassurrance from the doctors soon hun. :group hug:

cathtee
25-04-2012, 09:30 PM
I too am sending you lots of hugs and hope you get comfort knowing that you have lots of friends on here feeling for you, stay strong.

sillysausage
25-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Big hugs from me too. My only advise would be to go ahead and ball your eyes out!!! It will help relieve some of the stress and it will also highlight to those around you that despite you being a strong and supportive person normally, you too can be fragile and need the support of others. This is not a weakness!!! it is a vital coping strategy!! If you feel like crying then have a good cry. There are many virtual arms on here to offer support.

angeldelight
26-04-2012, 06:15 AM
We are always here for you

Sending you big hugs

Love Angel xx

Roseolivia
26-04-2012, 06:36 AM
Hope you're feeling a bit happier this morning.

Maza
26-04-2012, 06:49 AM
Bless you. It really is horrible when you feel like this. Sending you hugs. xxx

LOOPYLISA
26-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Hope your ok this morning x

My hubby has a fatty lump on his back, they are a worry though, good luck with your ultrasound im sure its just a harmless fatty lump x

Tealady
29-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Thanks for all your kind replies. Feeling a bit better about things as I did have a bit of a melt down and it seemed to get a bit of anxiety off my back... just waiting for a date for the ultrasound now.

ruby
29-04-2012, 12:46 PM
so glad you are feeling a bit better
sending you a big hug:group hug::group hug:

cathy

The Juggler
29-04-2012, 01:04 PM
big hug honey. sorry to hear you are feeling alone. I have a huge lipoma on the top of my arm (where you have jabs), I'm sure that's all yours is :)

peppa Pig
29-04-2012, 03:43 PM
big hugs tea lady, moan all you like, we will listen. I think those that rely on us don't want to see we need to off load sometimes. :group hug:

VeggieSausage
29-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Bigs hugs to you, you have a right to put yourself first and if you don't then no-one else will...take some time, tell everyone that you are worried maybe they don't realise. I know how you feel I have had a couple of health scares recently and it engulfs your life for a while......:group hug: