PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted and moving home

25-04-2012, 10:16 AM
I know I need to inform Ofsted when I am moving house and was wondering if this will trigger them coming out and inspecting me? I am due an inspection around Aug/Sept this year so it is more than possible that they will combine the two as I am due to move in June.

I am also curious to know if this is true - I was told that Childminders with an Outstanding Grade were inspected every 4 years instead of 3. Is this correct????

Rubybubbles
25-04-2012, 10:30 AM
I know I need to inform Ofsted when I am moving house and was wondering if this will trigger them coming out and inspecting me? I am due an inspection around Aug/Sept this year so it is more than possible that they will combine the two as I am due to move in June.

I am also curious to know if this is true - I was told that Childminders with an Outstanding Grade were inspected every 4 years instead of 3. Is this correct????

as a regular mover (haha) I phoned Ofsted to tell them off change of details and they are sending out new certificate the day I move:D

I am over due inspection (nov 08) but nothing was said about it, she said you have been inspected under EYFS so you wont need an inspector to come and check the new house, just make sure you have all your new RA in place once you move.

BuggsieMoo
25-04-2012, 10:56 AM
as a regular mover (haha) I phoned Ofsted to tell them off change of details and they are sending out new certificate the day I move:D

I am over due inspection (nov 08) but nothing was said about it, she said you have been inspected under EYFS so you wont need an inspector to come and check the new house, just make sure you have all your new RA in place once you move.

Snap for me - although i'm next due an inspection in the new year but wont hold my breath for it x

debbie
25-04-2012, 12:25 PM
my inspection was due in july 2010. i moved into my new house on dec 15th 2011 and had a new cert sent out to me. it did trigger inspection and they came out on 29 th feb 2012. did get down graded as i didn't have everything out toy and resources only what was wanted by the children i had. as we have to do a massive decorate aswell. also she only wanted to see folders for the ones i had on day oooooo1 been with me for 6 weeks and the other 4 days so not much to show did get folders out for some of the others but they weren't interested in these. her main concern was the register and risk assessments folder and also resource folder which i do have but is still under boxes in garage.

miffy
26-04-2012, 08:26 PM

It could trigger an inspection but as I'm guessing you've already had one EYFS inspection the chances are you won't get another until after September this year.

As for those with an outstanding grade not getting inspected for four years - I had an inspection in 2008 and got outstanding and the next one almost exactly 3 years later.

Miffy xx