PDA

View Full Version : 15 hours funded places

25-04-2012, 08:29 AM
The childcare allowance of 15 hours for 3 to 4 year olds confuses me. As yet I am currently sitting my level 3 course so that I will be entitled to claim for this with my mindees. How does it work? Do the government cover my hourly fee or have one set that everyone gets? I'm assuming its the latter. Plus how is it paid? I have a parent that is already enquiring about it so want to get my head around it all lol

Gracie's mamma
25-04-2012, 09:18 AM
I've just sat my level 3 but have been told it's not just a case of that to be able to claim for these vouchers :panic:

Chatterbox Childcare
25-04-2012, 09:28 AM
In my area I have to belong to a network which inspects me on the service that I am providing

The EY team have set a rate and this is paid half termly. The place has to be free so I cannot bill the parents anymore, even if the amount I am paid does not meet my hourly rate

rickysmiths
25-04-2012, 09:29 AM
You have to become an Accredited Childminder and every Local Early Years has different requirements so you need to get in touch with yours.

You are right there is a set fee that rarely is as much as your hourly fee and you are not allowed to charge a top up to cover the difference.

Gherkin
25-04-2012, 12:41 PM
In my area you need to be level 3 or above, have a good or outstanding in your inspection, be a member of the network and have become accredited to claim the nursery education funding. It takes a while to complete all the paperwork. Once accredited you have to attend a certain amount of training and network meetings per year also.