PDA

View Full Version : A WET WEDNESDAY

angeldelight
25-04-2012, 06:23 AM
Morning Everyone

Its pouring down here at the moment, hope you all have better weather?

What are you all doing today, I am packing because we are moving house wahoooo :clapping::clapping:

Hope you all have a great day and stay nice and dry

Angel xxx

rickysmiths
25-04-2012, 06:29 AM
Morning Angel.

Yes it is tipping it down here. Not looking forward to the school run I think the waterproof trousers will be order of the day. :(

Good luck with the packing are you moving far how exciting?

Bridey
25-04-2012, 06:32 AM
My plastic greenhouse has blown over :(

I'm gutted as I had spent ages filling all the seed trays and pots and toilet rolls (carrots!) with compost the other day, ready for planting. Thank goodness I hadn't got round to putting the seeds in yet as I think I would have been devastated!

I don't mind rain but I don't like windy days!

angeldelight
25-04-2012, 06:33 AM
Morning Angel.

Yes it is tipping it down here. Not looking forward to the school run I think the waterproof trousers will be order of the day. :(

Good luck with the packing are you moving far how exciting?

Thanks Ricky

Moving about fifteen min away by car and we can not wait, we have been here 24 years and for the last year or so had troublesome neighbours move in, we will not be sorry to go now.I will spend a few hours giving out my new address to everyone here I think :laughing:

Have a good day, I could do with your waterproof trousers ha

Angel xx

angeldelight
25-04-2012, 06:33 AM

I'm gutted as I had spent ages filling all the seed trays and pots and toilet rolls (carrots!) with compost the other day, ready for planting. Thank goodness I hadn't got round to putting the seeds in yet as I think I would have been devastated!

Oh that is a pain hope they are all ok

Have a good day

Angel xx

Cammie Doodle
25-04-2012, 06:39 AM
Morning , raining here too :( I know we need it, but it's so miserable . My boiler had its yearly service done yesterday and he found a fault on it and now it has been disconnected and a warning sign put on it :eek: they are coming tomorrow to take it off the wall and replace parts , luckily he says its covered under the insurance I pay every month :).We usually work from my house, but if it remains like this I may have to take my Mindees to Carolyn's today and tomorrow . Our car been away for 3 weeks trying to be fixed :angry: wonder what the 3 rd thing will be :rolleyes:
Good luck with packing Angel, I would not know where to start in this house 33 years of clutter and Childminding stuff on top lol

rickysmiths
25-04-2012, 06:45 AM

Oh no. :panic:

I am going to have to re start the potatoes because they have drowned in the rain over the last week. We were going to plant our seeds last week but didn't because it poured on the day I have most mindees.

I love the toilet rolls for carrots!

Carol M
25-04-2012, 06:48 AM
Good Morning.
Absolutely hissing it down here!
So glad I don't do school runs :D
We are supposed to be planting today,Will probably have to bring tubs into the conservatory to plant up.
Hope your move goes well, sounds like you will be glad to escape the neighbours :laughing:
Carol xx

EmmaReed84
25-04-2012, 06:49 AM
Well yesterday DH informs me that he has a meeting early today and will not be able to take DS to school... GREAT! I went upstairs to wake him up thinking he forgot to reset his alarm... Only for him to tell me that the meeting was cancelled and he didn't have to be in early after all and just so happened to forget to tell me :rolleyes:

He is now taking DS to school and all I have to do is quickly run the little ones to playschool, I can literally park right outside the door, run them in and get home quick! YEY!

kellib
25-04-2012, 06:54 AM
Morning :)

Not sure what we'll do today, we might just stay in and do some painting if the weather is awful!

Good luck with the move Angel :)

Bridey
25-04-2012, 07:06 AM
I love the toilet rolls for carrots!

A tip from someone at the allotments. You plant the whole thing into the ground once the carrots are sprouting and it stops them being split by stones when they grow :)

Toothfairy
25-04-2012, 07:22 AM
Morning
Tipping it down here too :(

According to the forcast this morning, it is going to be like this for the rest of the week and the weekend :(

We are off to a big Garden centre today. There are lots of plants, small animals and fish to see. We can grab some fruit and veg from the Farm Shop too while we are there.
Its all indoors but there is also an outdoor playarea by the cafe should the rain stop for a bit.

Have a great day, try not to get too wet :thumbsup:

loocyloo
25-04-2012, 07:25 AM
no rain .... yet :D

i've got to pop to the market to pick up a present for DHs birthday tomorrow! ( i am so disorganised this year! i'm usually quite bad, as DHs birthday follows hot on the heels of both DD & DS, but this year, i totally forgot to order/get what i wanted to :blush: )

then LOs and i are off to the sealife centre in scarborough :D i hadn't mentioned it and one LO spent ages yesterday drawing an octopus, so it was great to say we were going to see them today, he was SO excited!

have fun packing angel :laughing:. having moved house twice in the past 12 months, i don't want to move EVER again!

Demonjill
25-04-2012, 07:26 AM
Morning all

Yukky rain here too so will be inside today same as yesterday and same as tomorrow probably:(

This is my busy day with DS, 2 x 4yo, 3yo and 7yo school run will be fun!

Arts n crafts today i think. ....and lego:thumbsup:

jumping j
25-04-2012, 07:29 AM
raining here too,
we're off to CM group this morning and I think I'll get some messy play out this afternoon, got 3 boys so need to keep them busy or all the toys will be on the floor:panic:

miffy
25-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Morning everyone

I'm sitting looking at the rain and glad I've not got to go out in it!

Not sure what I'm doing today, got this week off so no need to rush at anything.

Miffy xx

Roseolivia
25-04-2012, 07:43 AM
Morning everyone. No rain yet but apparently it's on it's way North.

No mindees until lunchtime. Hopefully Alfie will have a sleep this morning so i can get a start on my assignment that's due in tomorrow. Not sure what we'll do when mindee comes.

Have a great day everyone.

marian
25-04-2012, 07:47 AM
Morning all!

We are off to childminders drop in group this morning - think I may cheat and go in the car!:)

this afternoon we are having a DVD - Chipwrecked!

in which 15mins direction are you moving to Angel?

Marian x

angeldelight
25-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Morning all!

We are off to childminders drop in group this morning - think I may cheat and go in the car!:)

this afternoon we are having a DVD - Chipwrecked!

in which 15mins direction are you moving to Angel?

Marian x

Not your way Marian ha ha

We are going Sutton the other direction to you, but you are more than welcome to come for a coffee when we are settled, Sutton Park is not far from us so you could come over for the day and we could take the kids to the park.... that's if the weather ever improves ha

Angel xx

marian
25-04-2012, 08:07 AM

We are going Sutton the other direction to you, but you are more than welcome to come for a coffee when we are settled, Sutton Park is not far from us so you could come over for the day and we could take the kids to the park.... that's if the weather ever improves ha

Angel xx

Sounds like a plan:laughing:

Marian x

angeldelight
25-04-2012, 08:09 AM
Sounds like a plan:laughing:

Marian x

A good one at that for the summer hols

Angel xx

LOOPYLISA
25-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Morning everyone, its horrid here!

Good luck with your move Angel, i have only ever moved once in 34 years :laughing:

Off to grab a coffee and warm up, thank goodnessi drive i dread to think what i would look like :laughing:

angeldelight
25-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Morning everyone, its horrid here!

Good luck with your move Angel, i have only ever moved once in 34 years :laughing:

Off to grab a coffee and warm up, thank goodnessi drive i dread to think what i would look like :laughing:

Like me probably .... looking like a drowned rat :laughing:

Hope you are ok Lisa

Angel xx

LOOPYLISA
25-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Like me probably .... looking like a drowned rat :laughing:

Hope you are ok Lisa

Angel xx

Yes im good thank you x

FussyElmo
25-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Morning Angel good luck with your move :thumbsup:

Raining here too :(

Just off across school as ds1 is in a play at the high school so Im going to go and watch :)

silvermist
25-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Its pouring here too, Im getting fed up with the weather now, just had my garden done and itching to use new patio and play area but its just too wet! Good luck with the house move Angel. xx

smurfette
25-04-2012, 11:28 AM

Angel xx

Ooh I was born near Sutton Park, moved to Ireland when I was four. Did they used to have those huge concrete pipes in the playground big enough to hide in or am I thinking of somewhere else?!