PDA

View Full Version : Evening and weekend childminding paperwork

toddlers896
24-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Ive got a parent coming to see me tomorrow about occassional childminding in the evenings and Saturdays.

I will be doing this from my home. Does anybody know what paperwork will need to be completed. Do i still need a contract and will my insurance with the NCMA cover this.

Thanks
Tracy

sarah707
25-04-2012, 06:06 AM
If you want to be covered by NCMA insurance then you need a contract in place :D

toddlers896
25-04-2012, 06:19 AM
If you want to be covered by NCMA insurance then you need a contract in place :D

thanks sarah. is it worth doing a contract for one evening every couple of weeks and one saturday a month.

tracy

Bridey
25-04-2012, 06:22 AM
thanks sarah. is it worth doing a contract for one evening every couple of weeks and one saturday a month.

tracy

Its always worth doing a contract. It looks professional (separates you from being a 'babysitter') and gives you and the family clear guidelines and legal protection.

toddlers896
25-04-2012, 06:26 AM
Its always worth doing a contract. It looks professional (separates you from being a 'babysitter') and gives you and the family clear guidelines and legal protection.

Thankyou Bridey. I was looking at the contract thinking how Ime going to fill it out when its just occasional days every month, holidays ets but i will just N/A those bits. :) Have a nice day:jump for joy:

Bridey
25-04-2012, 06:28 AM
Thankyou Bridey. I was looking at the contract thinking how Ime going to fill it out when its just occasional days every month, holidays ets but i will just N/A those bits. :) Have a nice day:jump for joy:

Thank you. You too :)

rickysmiths
25-04-2012, 06:42 AM
Bridy beat me to it!

However I have just done a contract and all the paperwork for some work I will be doing on a Saturday and Sunday essentially at the child's home but i may bring them to my house during the day and I needed to know I was covered by my insurance. Interestingly the mum saw another cm and offered me every other weekend and when I said i wasn't interested I wanted every weekend it took her all of 5 mins to ring back and give them to me and they both came to my house to sign everything. :thumbsup:

Then yesterday a lady came to see me about 2 days care while she is moving house and then very ad hoc, she is a SAHM but if she needs to go to the doctor etc. She is going to be signing all the paperwork and took all but the Contracts away to fill in and will also sign a contract. I will be charging her a £25 one of registration fee because it is such ad hoc and a lot of paperwork in proportion to the work.

I would never do anything other than pure babysitting in the evening a child's home without having all the paperwork in place. For the Sat/Sun Contract I will be taking my Attendance register and my Accident Folder with me.

toddlers896
25-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Bridy beat me to it!

However I have just done a contract and all the paperwork for some work I will be doing on a Saturday and Sunday essentially at the child's home but i may bring them to my house during the day and I needed to know I was covered by my insurance. Interestingly the mum saw another cm and offered me every other weekend and when I said i wasn't interested I wanted every weekend it took her all of 5 mins to ring back and give them to me and they both came to my house to sign everything. :thumbsup:

Then yesterday a lady came to see me about 2 days care while she is moving house and then very ad hoc, she is a SAHM but if she needs to go to the doctor etc. She is going to be signing all the paperwork and took all but the Contracts away to fill in and will also sign a contract. I will be charging her a £25 one of registration fee because it is such ad hoc and a lot of paperwork in proportion to the work.

I would never do anything other than pure babysitting in the evening a child's home without having all the paperwork in place. For the Sat/Sun Contract I will be taking my Attendance register and my Accident Folder with me.

Just a quick update on the subject. Ive just rang the NCMA legal team and according to them the insurance is still valid without a contract but you wouldnt get legal representative if they didnt pay you.
If you decide to write a contract she said the best way to do it for one day a month or so is to put N/A in the contracted hours (page 2of4) and on page (3of4) under additional notes put " This is a zero hour contract and will be as and when required by the parents, subject to agreement by both parties. There is no minimum hours and put what your maximun would be.

So after all that and getting the proper advice ime still unsure about wether to do all this paperwork for an occasional day a month. it seems crazy as there will be no holidays etc. Oh dear decisions, decisions.

Tracy

rickysmiths
25-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Thanks for that. I would never be happy providing care without a contract signed because however ad hoc the care it sets out what is expected and the hourly rate of fees.

I always write in a min requirement and then write in the box the detail of the care. On the very ad hoc one it is also noted that I can not always be sure to offer a place as it depends what children I have with me on the day. So there can be no argument if they ring and I have to say no. I also state that I have 35 days holiday a year and I can not offer care if I am on holiday so it is clear.

Also if they have booked a day they have to pay for it if they then cancel of the child is ill but if I have to cancel there is no fee.

toddlers896
25-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks for that. I would never be happy providing care without a contract signed because however ad hoc the care it sets out what is expected and the hourly rate of fees.

I always write in a min requirement and then write in the box the detail of the care. On the very ad hoc one it is also noted that I can not always be sure to offer a place as it depends what children I have with me on the day. So there can be no argument if they ring and I have to say no. I also state that I have 35 days holiday a year and I can not offer care if I am on holiday so it is clear.

Also if they have booked a day they have to pay for it if they then cancel of the child is ill but if I have to cancel there is no fee.

Does this sound okay Rickysmiths.
This is a zero hour contract and will be as and when required by the parents, subject to agreement by both parties. I have the right to say no at any time.

Thanks

rickysmiths
25-04-2012, 09:40 AM
That just about covers it I would say.

toddlers896
25-04-2012, 10:05 AM
[QUOTE=rickysmiths;1089769]That just about covers it I would say

Sorry about all the questions but do you still give a welcome pack to ad hoc with all the policies etc. It seems silly but ime new to all this and dont know wether to or not.
cheers